\\is anyone worried about cost of Christmas presents? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

\\is anyone worried about cost of Christmas presents?

veriterc
veriterc Member Posts: 216 Pioneering
Lookimg for 'inexpensive'  (that means cheap) Christmas presents, I realised that the inexpensive dresses and jumpers I was buying had probably been made in sweatshops.  This made me think - www.htps://aftercancers.com/wearing-what-comes-naturally
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,575

Scope community team

Thanks for sharing this @veriterc :) I think it's important we all consider the environmental and ethical impacts our purchases have. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Member Posts: 4,320 Disability Gamechanger
    We tend to buy token presents, these are inexpensive things like chocolate or socks etc. In my opinion Christmas shouldn’t be a time to worry about buying expensive presents after all buying like that just creates a rod for your own back, each year people will expect at least presents to the value of last years if not greater than last years. It’s a hedonic treadmill we can all do without.

give em a bar of chocolate and a big hug and a happy day. 🙂 and love 💕 

If everything's coming up roses it's time to call in a gardener

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community Guidelines.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.