I claim carers element. Would our UC be affected if I worked 30 hours per week? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I claim carers element. Would our UC be affected if I worked 30 hours per week?

Options
bi786
bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello. 

I claim career element looking after partner. An looking in to work partime from home  30 he will it affect Uc  .
I look after him 35 hours an ca I work 30 hours

he gets lwrca 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,294 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It doesn't affect your carers element. It will olnly affect Carers allowance, if you claim this. If you start working you will need to report the changes onto your journal.
    You will have the work allowance which means you can earn either £335 per month if you claim for help with the rent or £557 if you don't. Any earnings over this amount and your UC will be reduced by 55%.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bi786
    bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Options
    Thank you 
    but careers allownace that I will report change will stop but they won’t deduct it on Uc on Uc they will start paying me the careers allowance deductions they normally take
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,294 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you also claim carers allowance then yes you will need to report the changes to them and the carers allowance will then end because earnings of more than £128 per week will mean there is no entitlement.
    The Carers Allowance that's being deducted from UC will of course no longer be deducted.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.