How’s the storm impacted your area? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How’s the storm impacted your area?

MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
It was quite bad here last night and is settling down a bit now. 

However local transport is either off or reduced heavily, roads are closed and the local police have advised to not travel. 

My Nan rang me this morning to say some of her neighbours walls had come down and gates had come off. 

My garden just has a lot of debris flying around. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Woke up to some snow this morning, still quite windy and very cold. Lots of roads closed in the wider area, a day for staying in doors, we did have a power cut for about an hour but we were still in bed
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• marybottomley
    marybottomley Community member Posts: 887 Pioneering
    No traffic enjoying the peace and quiet 
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Quite a few open plan gardens now, of the fences that are still standing some are at a jaunty angle.  Loads of closed roads, airport closed so loving the flight free silence.  A few trees didn't make it.

My garden was rearranged, my front gate blocked by debris, but all in all we didn't suffer too bad considering we were in the red weather warning area.

Heard a lot of sirens first thing so I think the emergency services have been dealing with quite a bit of storm damage.

Still very windy out there, snow forecast for later today.  Don't think anyone sensible will be going out unless they have to.
  • Durhamjaide
    Durhamjaide Scope Member Posts: 428 Courageous
    Really bad I have had to cancel all my plans for this weekend 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
       Sat watching the snow coming down by the bucket load last night, hardly anything left of it today.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Still got high winds, lots of snow on the floor. Fence panels still where they should be. Busses were stuck here this morning. Markets been closed today. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I have no idea I've not been out or have any intention of doing so 

Very windy rain lashing against window just shut the curtains and let it get on with it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Some public transport has stopped. Fences down close to where I live. Trees fallen on cars local to me. 
    A few leeks in my ceiling upstairs and one in my porch… ?
    The winds are not as high as last night, which is good. Went shopping today and it was freezing! ?? I’m not a winter person at all.. bring back the warmer weather. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MarkM88
    I had snow this afternoon but it was already too wet on the ground for it to lie. My neighbours small greenhouse has taken a battering too. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    There was quite a lot of snow where I was this weekend. A lot of it has iced over now, so it's pretty slippy. 

The buses seemed to be running as usual, but quite a few of the trains were delayed or cancelled this morning. I just about managed to get my one!

I hope your nan's okay @MarkM88 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • MarkM88
    @Tori_Scope ah yeah all good. I believe the housing association was in the street the same day assessing the damage and making it all safe for now. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    In our area we just mainly had power cuts and slippy surfaces with all the snow and freezing temperatures. Haven't noticed or heard of any damage.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness