An update on my PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

An update on my PIP review

Options
Tharos
Tharos Community member Posts: 14 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, 

I thought I would share an update on my PIP review. Having started the process back in March, I finally recieved my decision letter on Friday. My PIP review was successful and will continue to be awarded at it's current rate (enhanced for both catagories) I've also been granted an ongoing award which I was certainly hoping for given the nature of my disability, but was not expecting! 

Safe to say, I am so relieved and pleased at the result. I'd also like to thank everyone here for their advice and support. Particularly those who regularly monitor and respond to threads posted here. This space has been so helpful during the process. I appreciate the time and effort that goes into maintaining and contributing to this forum on a regular basis.  
He/Him 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news and thanks for sharing with us 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ah fantastic to hear @Tharos, we're also glad to hear you've found the community to be so helpful :)

I appreciate your kind feedback and I'll be sure to pass it onto the team!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jayneolivia123
    Jayneolivia123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I applied for PIP beginning of September,not heard anything at all, very stressful
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I applied for PIP beginning of September,not heard anything at all, very stressful

To be honest, that's not long at all. We have members that applied several months ago and still haven't heard anything. The estimated timescale from applying to having a decision is 10 months. Backlogs are huge in a lot of areas so you could be waiting quite a while still.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tharos great news.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tharos
    Tharos Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words all! 

Jayneolivia123 Good luck with your application. As Poppy said, there are heavy backlogs so it may take some time. I can only speak from my experience from a "review" (not a new application) this time round, but it also took several months before I heard anything with regards to the next step in the process. 

He/Him 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Such fantastic news @Tharos :) 

The online community team is always here to help if you have any future concerns or queries too!
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.