Hi, my name is annelies! Trying to fill in my son’s PIP form and feeling overwhelmed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is annelies! Trying to fill in my son’s PIP form and feeling overwhelmed

annelies
annelies Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Trying to fill in my son’s PIP form and feeling overwhelmed.  He has ASD, ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, CFS/ME and a rare eating disorder called ARFID.  And I’m STILL convinced the assessor is going to say he doesn’t need support.
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @anneliese

Welcome to the community, I'm glad to see you join us and I hope you are doing okay today.

Sorry to hear that filling out the form is causing you to feel overwhelmed, is there a particular aspect of it that is making you feel that way or is it just in general with the whole process? 

If it would help, you could contact a friend or family member for support with filling out the form? Alternatively, you could always contact CAB, our helpline or enter your postcode into Advice Local, to access some support with it.

How is your son? Does he receive support to manage his conditions?

I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • annelies
    We have a bit of a rush on.  We were filling out the form slowly, and then even though we hadn't submitted it, were given a date for the assessment which is on 8th December.  So now we are having to do it in a rush, while still trying to get all the detail in that we're supposed to do.  And a friend of mine who spent 4 months on her application, and has Fibromyalgia, depression and agoraphobia and spends most of her days in complete pain and distress, and can't always make it to the toilet in time, has just had the most brutal phone assessment - 2 hours of the assessor trying to get the answers she wanted, rather than listening to the truth.  It feels as though no matter how hard we try to follow the guidelines, we won't be believed.

I'd love to know if anyone HAS had a good experience of an assessment, and what they think would help us?
  • annelies
    Thank you, that is unbelievably helpful!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.