What should my backdated payment be from March to November 2021 on enhanced rate? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What should my backdated payment be from March to November 2021 on enhanced rate?

private_Scoper
private_Scoper Community member Posts: 35 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Everyone,

In need of a little advice.
took my pip claim to appeal and DWP all of a sudden changed my award to enhanced for both. 
I applied on February 2021 but then backdated me from March 2021. 
Called em and now they’re clueless not knowing what’s happened and a case manager to call me back.

could someone please do a quick calculation for me if possible please as I’m just mad confused right now.

what should my backdated payment be from March 2021 to November 2021 
both enhanced

Thank You

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @private_Scoper

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear of the confusion you're experiencing at the minute, it's positive news though that you've been awarded enhanced, you must be very happy about that? Especially considering you didn't go through the whole appeal in the end.

I have tagged your thread as unanswered , so hopefully you will receive further replies :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • private_Scoper
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Ross_Scope I am relieved with the fact that I don’t have to go through the whole draining process and cheers mate I appreciate that. Thank you
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @private_Scoper - I can't say as you haven't given exact dates, but the current rates for PIP are £89.60 + 62.55 = £152.15 per week. PIP is paid every 4 weeks, so that would be £608.60 for that time period. You also need to bear in mind that PIP was slightly lower before April 2021 being £151.40 per week. These amounts would be if you didn't already have an award in place, otherwise, for example, if you already had the standard rate for daily living, then you would just get the difference between the standard & enhanced rate for that part of PIP.
  • private_Scoper
    Hi @chiarieds,
    thank your for your comment.
    I’ve been awarded from 18th March to 24th November (Although I applied on February)  and the amount was a few quid off 3000, from my calculations, it should have been a lot more
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I note from a previous thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/82806/backdate#latest that you didn't have your conditions for at least 3 months before you applied, so your PIP award will not be backdated to the start of your claim, as advised in that thread.
    I also see that you previously had a standard award, was this the daily living part? If it was then you won't receive backdated money for the whole the amount because you were already receiving money every 4 weeks for the award you previously had. This means that you will receive the difference between your original award and your new award.
    Therefore the figures for Enhanced for both parts from 18th March for 35 weeks is approximately £5,300. If you were already receiving standard daily living for 35 weeks then this is approximately £2,100. £5,300 - £2,100 is £3,200. No one here can work out the exact figures because it depends on exactly how many weeks youhad already received you old award for.
    In my opinion, DWP are not far off and may well have the amount exactly correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • private_Scoper
    edited November 2021
    Thank you @poppy123456
    ive got in contact with DWP so let’s see what they say. What would you say about the dates ? Applied on February they’ve awarded me from March. Also, before I was only getting just the standard daily living whereas now I’ve been awarded both daily and mobility which should fairly be a lot more than they say surely. The mobility award alone for 35 weeks is over 2000
    Further comments appreciated 
  • poppy123456
    The reason it wasn't backdated to the date you first applied was because you didn't have your conditions for 3 month, as advised. So your award starting from March is correct, if your conditions started in January as you stated in a previous link.
    I disagree that your payment should be higher. As previously explained to you in my other comment, you were already recieving money every 4 weeks for your standard daily living award, so you won't receive the full amount backdated. Your standard award amount will be deducted from the new award and you will be paid the difference that's owed between the 2 payments. Please have another read of this comment because i've fully explained it to you here.
    This means that you will receive the difference between your original award and your new award.
    Therefore the figures for Enhanced for both parts from 18th March for 35 weeks is approximately £5,300. If you were already receiving standard daily living for 35 weeks then this is approximately £2,100. £5,300 - £2,100 is £3,200.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • private_Scoper
    edited November 2021
    Thanks @poppy123456 I do believe it should be a lot more but I’m waiting for a DM to get back to me so let’s see what they say
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree with Poppy. As you will see I had previously said,'if you already had the standard rate for daily living, then you would just get the difference between the standard & enhanced rate for that part of PIP.'
  • private_Scoper
    @chiarieds
    if I minus the £2100 I’ve already received then the difference will still be over £3000. There’s definitely a calculation error there 
  • poppy123456
    As advised, it will depend on exactly how many weeks of standard daily living you received. I don't think it's much more than what you've already received which is just under £3,000.
  • private_Scoper

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.