I had my telephone assessment. Can any one help me to fill my reconsideration application? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had my telephone assessment. Can any one help me to fill my reconsideration application?

Bhuyan
Bhuyan Community member Posts: 39 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I have done my pip telephone assessment and I got my results with in one week but still I did not received my full results. As I know I was not rewarded. But I did get some point. My point of view I don’t know how I can explain my day to day life because of my English language. Can any one help me to fill my reconsideration application and I would like to added more information about my day by day life. Thanks 
bhuyan

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,099 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bhuyan - & welcome to the community. It is good that you know you should add more information on your day to day life. Try the following link to see if you can find someone near you that may help with your Mandatory Reconsideration if this is needed (you will have to wait to get your decision letter) https://advicelocal.uk/   where it says choose an advice topic it would be 'Welfare benefits.'

• Bhuyan
    Yes I know I got 6 points on my daily living component and  4 on mobility components but I don’t agree also when I submit my from I don’t get any help regarding about my application. My English is not good. Well, I did call citizens advice before but they told me can’t help to fill up my from because of Covid-19 and also I did asked my local council they can’t help.
    thanks Chiarieds

Can I added more information this time on this mandatory reconsideration and how can I point out which topic I don’t agree.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    There are no topics. They are activities and descriptors. See link. https://pipinfo.net/ Please also have a look at the link Chiarieds posted and it will tell you what advice agency is local to you.
    It's not clear whether you've had the decision or whether it's just the assessment report you've had. If it's not the decision letter then you will need to wait for the decision to be made before you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) You should also get some expert advice to check that you do qualify because there's no point requesting the MR if you can't score more points.
    For the MR you can either write the letter or use this form. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/challenge-a-decision-made-by-the-department-for-work-and-pensions-dwp you will need to print out that form.
    You should state exactly where and why you think you should have scored those points by adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bhuyan
    My telephone assessment told me how far can you walk. I told her I can roughly walk30m to 40m with my 2 walking stick and then I stop and then walking again.  She give me 4 points. She did not asked me any examples. Also I don’t know how I can give examples.
  • Bhuyan
    I got planter fasciitis problem and i got back pain And I got right knee meniscus tear problem and recently I have operation but I feel now more pain on my right knee. When I walked I feel lot of pain. 
  • poppy123456
    If you've only received the assessment report, that is not the decision letter. Though they mostly go with it, they don't always and it has been know for them to go against the report. We've had members here, who've not received a good report but a decision went in their favour.
    For the examples, has anything happened to you when you've been trying to complete the activities/descriptors?
    Just telling them you can only walk a certain distance isn't going to help because it's not enough of information.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bhuyan

Can I say this one

I can walk with two sticks certainly move more than 20m and whether I can manage more or less than 30m to 40 m would depend on the day - on a good day it would be closer to 50m but on a bad day I am more or less confined to bed. I could not undertake activity repeatedly even on a good day and am always in pain in my feet, knee, back pain and my stomach cramps and diarrhoea and dizziness and breathless. Can you please write down this topic how can I put good way

• Bhuyan
    When I walked on my stairs I feel lot of pain.
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2021
    No one here can tell you exactly what you need to write because we don't know exactly how your conditions affect you. Just telling them you can't do that activity on a bad and you can't repeatedely to that said activity is not enough of information.
    Have you put your postcode into this link? https://advicelocal.uk/ choose the topic welfare benefits and it will tell you what advice agnecy is local to you.
    Have you actually had the decision yet?

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Morning @Bhuyan :) 

Thank you for joining the online community, it's great to have you here with us. 

As @poppy123456 mentioned, it would be good to clarify if you have received the decision letter or are you sharing the information from your assessment report, as these two letters are different. Please don't feel too disheartened though, as a decision could still be in your favour. 

I will move your post into our PIP/DLA/AA category, in the hope that more members will see your post to then offer their advice :) 

If there's anything else that we can help you with, then please let us know.
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Bhuyan
    Ok I better waiting for my decision letter. Today all night I can’t sleep all night at all. 
  • Libby_Alumni
    @Bhuyan, I think that's a good idea as you might be worrying about something that isn't the case at all, so I think it's good to wait until you receive your decision letter :). Once you've received the letter, you can then process the outcome properly, and potentially progress with the next steps of Mandatory Reconsideration, if you feel that is the right thing to do.

I can understand why this is an anxious time though, given that the assessment outcome will mean a lot to you. Do you have support from family or friends to help with your concerns?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • poppy123456
    Bhuyan said:
    Ok I better waiting for my decision letter. Today all night I can’t sleep all night at all. 

This is exactly why it's not always the best idea to request a copy of the report because it causes more anxiety then you need. A decision can take anything between 2-12 weeks, so it's possible you won't have a decision before Christmas.
  • Bhuyan
    On my wife support me doing my my shopping and cooking etc.sometime my friend support me. I don’t go out more often now. Because I got lot of problems going on.
  • Bhuyan
    This is exactly why it's not always the best idea to request a copy of the report because it causes more anxiety then you need. A decision can take anything between 2-12 weeks, so it's possible you won't have a decision before Christmas

a decision already make. They send my decision letter to my address. Now I am just waiting.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Bhuyan said:
    On my wife support me doing my my shopping and cooking etc.sometime my friend support me. I don’t go out more often now. Because I got lot of problems going on.
    I'm glad you've got some support from your wife and friends :) it's always nice when you can have some individuals to rely on. I'm sorry to hear that you don't go out often, due to your different problems. Are you able to cope with these problems?

I know for me, if I can't go outside as much as I'd like, I bake at home as that's a hobby I enjoy. Do you have any hobbies/interests that you can take part in, at home?
    Scope

• Bhuyan
    Hi Libby I do have hobbies like playing cricket, watching something tv and watching cricket  match. I can’t play anymore because of my health condition. Can’t help my my wife and daughter much. 

Libby my English is not good your one. I asked citizens advice to fill up my application from and my gp and local council but none of them help me. I don’t know how can I described my day by day difficult life. Thanks you again reply me about my comments 
  • poppy123456
    A GP is not there to help fill out forms for such benefits, it's not their job to do that. I'ma little confused by this comment, please can you confirm again whether you've had the decision or whether it's just the assessment report you've received?
    Bhuyan said:

a decision already make. They send my decision letter to my address. Now I am just waiting.

• Bhuyan
    I do called yesterday about my decision the lady told me my caseworker already make my decision. So I am waiting for my decision letter. When I was over the phone I asked do I get any points she told me I get 6 points on daily living activity 6 points and 4 points mobility.
  • poppy123456
    Bhuyan said:
     she told me I get 6 points on daily living activity 6 points and 4 points mobility.
    That tells me you have standard mobility award. If you do then payment is usually recieved before the decision letter. You need to wait for the decision letter to know for sure what exactly that decision is.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.