Pip lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip lies

Dwphater
Dwphater Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I just want to tell you about problems  I am having about pip and would welcome advice..I am currently getting enhanced rate daily living allowance,  and have now got more bad health issues  and worsening mobility problems and had to fill out another form s(aug2021)they received it 7 September 21 ,in November i rung them for an update and was told that I have to go for a medical again and I will be contacted by atos,on the 1 dec 2021 I rung pip again asking why the delay and was told they have not yet sent my file to atos and they where hanging on to it (is this legal) I told them by doing this they making my life harder and holding up any mobility payments if I was to be awarded any..I then said I wish to make a complaint and was told that I cannot complain about any backlogs they have, I told them the complaint was about lies and fob off tactics and maladministration,.and was fobbed off again..these people are truely evil so now I will have to get a lawyer to write a letter of complaint…I truely believe that they know I will get the mobility part and are being awkward…,roll on when I get to a tribunal they will be crying tears as big as marrowfat peas

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    To be honest, I don’t think a complaint will help. 

When you ring PIP you are not talking to DWP staff you are actually talking to a call handler. 

There are backlogs and that probably does explain why you have heard nothing. 

It’s a waiting game I’m afraid, it’s the nature of benefits. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Backlogs are huge because we are still in the middle of a pandemic, which natrually has caused a lot of people to go off sick. When people are off sick then others have to do twice the amount of work. You are not the only person that's currently going through a review, there's a many thousands of others too. You definitely do not need any lawyer here.

It's worth remembering that the a PIP assessment is not a medical, it;s an assessment of your functional needs.

It's perfectly normal for the review process to take several months and in the meantime all you can do is wait, just like everyone else.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    No cause to complain if you get a higher award it will be backdated to when you reported the change

The priority is new claims at present which is right so those not getting any money are looked at first 

It is frustrating the wait but no lawyer involvement will change this and you would be wasting your money paying for a letter 
  • Dwphater
    Dwphater Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    You sound like a dwp worker 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    I have never and will never work for DWP!! and i'm not aware of @janer1967 of ever working for them either. I'm a benefit claimant myself with a lot of experience and knowledge.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    @Dwphater there is absolutely no need for that comment. I’m sorry to be blunt, but just because your having to wait and you don’t like the comments provided to you, is no need for personal attacks. 
  • Tharos
    Tharos Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Hi 

Your frustration is understandable, but the delay you are describing is unfortunately not that unusual. Especially when you factor in the pandemic. I don't see how seeking legal advice will help in this case.  They will not be able to do anything about the backlog of cases, it won't bring your case any further forward. It seems like an avoidable expense on your part, that is if someone will even pursue it. 

Many of us are, or have been in a similar situation with various delays and hold ups with applications so we know how frustrating it is, but it's the system we have to work with at the moment, however we may feel about it. 

Good luck with your application 
    He/Him 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I have never or never will work for dwp and I claim pip and uc myself so have had my fair share of battles with them 

If you need benefits support then you have no alternative but to wait like everyone else 

As for them crying big tears at tribunal I doubt it they most often don't even turn up 

You asked for advice and been given it by several members all saying the same 

Whether you like the advice is another matter but is no reason to attack people who come here voluntary to help others 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dwphater,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling frustrated about the wait you've had with your PIP claim. I can appreciate that this would cause some stress and concern.

Many of the members who offer advice and support on benefits here on the community do so because they have experience of the benefits system, often because they claim benefits themselves, or have supported someone who has. We've had lots of members post here with concerns about their waiting times, and many of these people have been reassured by the fact that this is usually due to backlogs, rather than a problem with their specific claim. 

We ask that you remain respectful in all comments and posts you make on the community, as is noted in our house rules. This includes avoiding making assumptions or accusations towards other members.

It's difficult to give you an exact timeframe as to when you might expect to hear back from them about your assessment, sadly. I hope that you don't have to wait too long.

How are you feeling about the assessment? 

I'm also sorry to hear that your health problems have worsened, and that this has affected your mobility. Are you receiving enough support to help you manage these changes at the moment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I don’t necessarily think the DWP are prioritising new claims....my change of circumstances was done and dusted in 9 weeks, I think it’s more down to where you live and whether or not you are sent for an assessment (my award was paper based.

I have worked for the DWP previously, although not the PIP department and there were always different teams for dealing with new claims or change of circumstances.

however I don’t think complaining will do anything to speed up your claim.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.