Declined PIP, how do I go about mandatory decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Declined PIP, how do I go about mandatory decision?

Options
Chloelowe1999
Chloelowe1999 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I got declined pip how do I go about doing the mandatory decision ?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    You can write a letter, putting your name & National Insurance number on each page, or use this form: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/683380/if-you-disagree-with-a-decision-made-by-dwp.PDF

With your MR, try & give a couple of recent, detailed examples as to the difficulty you faced for each applicable descriptor, i.e. what exactly happened, when, did anyone witness this, & were there any consequences, i.e. how did it leave you feeling after attempting/doing an activity, fatigued/exhausted or breathless for example?

Say if you can't do an activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeat it as often as one would reasonably expect, or if it takes you much longer than someone without a disability?

Keep a copy, & get a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office when sending your letter/form off.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

There is lots of info in our pip section regarding Mr process read some of the threads 

You should do mr in writing detail the descriptors you think you should have scored points for and why 

Give 2 real examples of what happens when you try and do the task 

Detail who, where  when , why, how etc and can you do task safely reliably and timely and what are the consequences 
  • skhan95
    skhan95 Community member Posts: 123 Connected
    Options
    I think you should do it definitely do it please 
    I did mandatory reconsideration and I got today and got points for mobility as well before that I only got only got daily living part after mandatory I got mobility as well 
    good luck 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey @Chloelowe1999 :) 

I'm sorry to hear that your PIP application got declined and that you're reconsidering the mandatory decision. I can imagine that you feel quite disheartened about the process. However, there's a lot of resources out there that will be able to help you progress with applying for a mandatory reconsideration. I've listed a few resources below that should help you: 
    I will also move this post into our PIP/DLA/AA section, so more of our members can see your post and hopefully respond with some advice :)

I hope the above helps and if you have any further questions, then please let us know. 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Chloelowe1999
    Options
    Okay thanks a lot for your help. I have both deaf in both ears and wear hearing aids and even with wearing them I struggle with daily life. Suppose the dwp doesn’t understand this though 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis. You need to give a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    Have a read of this https://pipinfo.net/
    Getting some expert advice will also help so that you can check whether you definitely qualify because if you don't fit the descriptors, you won't score the points needed for an award. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/
    Although being deaf should score you some points in a few of the activities.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloelowe1999
    Options
    Yeh that’s what I thought so I’m defo going to do a mandatory . Thank you for ur help. Do u no the rough time frame of how long this takes?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Anything up to 3 months, sometimes longer. Make sure you concentrate on those real world examples mentioned above. Have you read the link i posted? If not then please do because it will help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Altho this person was going to appeal, there's some good info on the 2 pages of this thread. In particular Mike highlights that it's possible to get points for activities 1,4, 7, 8 & 9, & the first part of the mobility component. Please see: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/80898/pip-and-hearing-loss/p1

• Chloelowe1999
    Options
    Yeah I have read the link their helpful thank you. Soon as I’ve got the letter I’m going to do it . And will explain in proper details.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.