LCWRA coming to and end help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA coming to and end help

Options
ihavenoidea
ihavenoidea Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi hoping someone can help.

My mum is currently in receipt of LCWRA which was awarded march 2020 for 24m so will be coming to an end in a couple of months march 2022.

Could someone please advise me what happens next . Do they just stop payment without notice ?

Will they write to me to advise my LCWRA will stop ?

Can I renew ask them to re-look at my LCWRA claim so I can be reassessed.

Also I remember when we were awarded our LCWRA we did not receive our first payment until August 2020 and never did get a back payment was this normal ?

As I did not get my first payment until August 2020 does this mean my LCWRA will also top in August 2022 or is that just wishful thinking.

We are currently so stressed out heading into the new year and having to fight another battle of not having my benefit stopped.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    LCWRA is not awarded for fixed periods. The 24 months is an advisory review period. When DWP decide to review it you will be contacted and go through another assessment. Only if that assessment decides that you no longer qualify for LCWRA will it stop.

You should have been paid the a LCWRA element from the fourth complete assessment period after you reported your health condition.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ihavenoidea
    ihavenoidea Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the Information.

So when my 24months end that doesn't necessarily mean my LCWRA will ?

So will universal credit contact me  prior to it ending to discuss another assesment.

Or could it be that they dont review the situation and I can continue receiving payments. 

So if the DWP contact me for re assessment and once that decision has been made until then will I still receive LCWRA ?

Thanks in advance
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ihavenoidea said: So when my 24months end that doesn't necessarily mean my LCWRA will ?
    As explained there is no fixed end date. It will continue until a decision is made following reassessment.
    ihavenoidea said: So will universal credit contact me  prior to it ending to discuss another assesment.
    As already advised UC will contact you when they want to carry out a new assessment.
    ihavenoidea said: So if the DWP contact me for re assessment and once that decision has been made until then will I still receive LCWRA ?
    Yes.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.