Tribunal. Am I right in thinking it won't go directly to court? Could the DWP change their minds? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal. Am I right in thinking it won't go directly to court? Could the DWP change their minds?

danielleD
danielleD Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So looks like I'm going to tribunal after my recent unsuccessful MR. I'm wondering for those of you that have gone through the same am I right in thinking it won't go directly to court? Could the court decide they think they have enough to go on and alow the overturn or could the dwp acualy change thier minds? I have been to a couple of esa tribunals one of wich I was successful the other not would just be good to know what to expect also my original form for pip I dont even have a copy of and can't remember what I said (going through a rouf patch at the time) so im worrying incase all of that also goes against me 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not a court, it's a Tribunal, they are two completely different things. Sometimes hearings are held in a court building but it's nothing like a court.
    Sometimes people are offered awards before the hearing takes place but you should expect the hearing, this way it won't be too much of a shock if you don't have an offer.
    You will eventually receive the "bundle" which will contain everything you sent, including the PIP2 form.
    If you can get represenation then even better. Here's the link which was posted in your other thread. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danielleD
    It's not a court, it's a Tribunal, they are two completely different things. Sometimes hearings are held in a court building but it's nothing like a court.
    Sometimes people are offered awards before the hearing takes place but you should expect the hearing, this way it won't be too much of a shock if you don't have an offer.
    You will eventually receive the "bundle" which will contain everything you sent, including the PIP2 form.
    If you can get represenation then even better. Here's the link which was posted in your other thread. https://advicelocal.uk/

Thankyou I did look and it was helpful however I'm hopeing to get someone in person to help me I dont have family I trust with this support and I'm wondering if it is possible there are people that can support and attend thease things with you?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    At the moment most Tribunal hearings are done through telephone and have been this way since the start of the pandemic. 
    Having representation means they will present your case but you will still need to speak for yourself on the day of the hearing. Even with in person hearings they will attend with you but never speak for you. The only person that knows how your conditions affect you is yourself. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Some stuff to read as you’re contemplating a rep.
    Did you intend to post a link, Mike?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • danielleD
    At the moment most Tribunal hearings are done through telephone and have been this way since the start of the pandemic. 
    Having representation means they will present your case but you will still need to speak for yourself on the day of the hearing. Even with in person hearings they will attend with you but never speak for you. The only person that knows how your conditions affect you is yourself. 
    Yes I do intend to do most of the talking just feel I need some guidance especially for the paper work side of things 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.