Pip award backpay. Has anyone been told it'll come in within 3 to 5 days? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award backpay. Has anyone been told it'll come in within 3 to 5 days?

leah1234
leah1234 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I recently had a phonecall from the dwp while I was waiting for my tribunal paper decision stating they've re looked at my claim and I am entitled to enhanced rate on both parts, and that I should recieve my payments withing 3 to 5 days. Has anyone been told they would receive there money this quick? And did it go in within that time frame? I'm on the 4th day and still have not received a decision letter or my payment?
Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news. That payment does seem rather quick. Based on other threads it often takes a few weeks. Once payment is made then it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leah1234
    leah1234 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you, yes I did think that as it doesn't say anywhere on Google about payments taking less than 4 weeks... but the women on the phone never mentioned anything about a few weeks she just said the money should be in my account by the end of the week aswell as recieving a desicion letter? 
    I guess I just have to wait and see I suppose
  • JamesSmith33
    JamesSmith33 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Is this payment for a new claim as I rang dwp today and was told my decision was made yesterday Tuesday and that my backdated payment should be in my account Friday wich is 3 working days does this mean I could be waiting up to 4 weeks for my backdated payment to go into my bank ??? Mine is a new claim if that helps  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Is this payment for a new claim as I rang dwp today and was told my decision was made yesterday Tuesday and that my backdated payment should be in my account Friday wich is 3 working days does this mean I could be waiting up to 4 weeks for my backdated payment to go into my bank ??? Mine is a new claim if that helps  

Your case is different. This thread is about DWP contacting the person with an award offer. Therefore, backdated money can take a few weeks in cases like this.
    For you because you aren't at this stage then it's 3-5 working days for money in your bank after the decision's been made.
    If you were told Friday then i would expect it to be then.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.