Pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision

JamesSmith33
JamesSmith33 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone just an update rang dwp this morning and I have been awarded pip ime so glad the waiting over I was stressed and struggling to sleep anyway as I explained in previous posts I made my claim for pip in July and had phone assesment November 09 I rang and requested a copy of report 2 weeks later and received it next day reason I waited two weeks was because I never got a letter or text to say they had my report and never did get latter or text but anyway so I was on here for past week asking for help about waiting times as waiting for the decision was making me ill and sleepless so decide to phone dwp again and ask if a decision had been made spoke to a lovely lady on phone and she said let me check then said its all sorted to my surprise she then said a letter has been sent out and also a backdated payment wich should be in my bank Friday from assesors report I should have got enhanced daily living and standard mobility and that's exactly what she said I've been awarded thanks for all your help people and hopefully I can move forward now and gain some independence back I do feel a massive weight has just been lifted off my shoulder the past month of waiting for a decision really had me more ill and sleeples than ever 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news thanks for sharing 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad to hear your news @JamesSmith33, I'm sure it's a massive relief :) Thanks for keeping us updated!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kmorley90
    kmorley90 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thank you for sharing. I am currently in the same boat. I applied in June, at the time I was bed ridden and I am now more mobile and fortunately back at work. I only had my assessment 9th December which made me cry as she brought up about me using a wheelchair. It probably didn't help my case that I said I currently refuse to due to having a bit of mobility but we will see. Would be a nice present before Christmas if I got a decision by then.
  • JamesSmith33
    Did you get a copy of your assessors report form your assesment ?? Also try forget about it I know it's hard but waiting for the decision made me really ill for 3 weeks I couldn't sleep at all and was on edge , also I've ypuve told them your now mobil and the illness didn't last atleast 3 mo the and isn't expected to last longer than 9 mo the you probably won't get it its best you phone dwp and ask for a copy of your report then u will have a idea of what points you have scored 
  • kmorley90
    No I didn't I will ask them for a copy. My illness has been going on years but only got severe in may. My rehabilitation is due to last no less than 18 months and I have been told by an orthopaedic doctor that I will have another attack which will lead me to being hospitalised again. I was in hospital for 3 weeks and they still don't know what is going on. I am currently under the chronic pain team and neurology. I also have a range of different aids to help me around the house. To be honest I'm not bothered if I dont get it so I'm not overthinking that side, what I am struggling with is coming to terms with having a disability and possibly having to start using a wheelchair in the near future. I was always a very active person so it is hard for me to come to terms with not being able to do everything that I could once do, including dancing around with my daughter. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Requesting a copy of the assessment report often causes people to become more stressed and anxious so you should think about it before requesting it. If you do request it remember it's not the decision, it's a recommendation by the AP. They often go with the report but not always and it has been known for them to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kmorley90
    @poppy123456 thank you. I may just wait for the decision and then request a copy of the report.
  • JamesSmith33
    Yes if your not to worried about the decision anyway then ide leave the report because if its not what you wanted to hear then it may cause more worries and then you still have to wait for a decision yes learning to live with a disability is hard and I wish u well whit recovery and hope the doctors find out what's going on with you but yes if all you say is true mobility wise etc you most likely will receive pip if it affects ts your everyday life 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    kmorley90 said:..I may just wait for the decision and then request a copy of the report.
    There is no value in obtaining the report after you have a decision. If you disagree with the decision you will be challenging the decision itself and you do not need to see a copy of the report to do this.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.