PIP extension - odd or not? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP extension - odd or not?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Courageous
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    The reason they’ve decided to extend your award is because of Covid backlogs are huge. Estimated timescales are about 10 months for new claims and reviews. 
    Any new decision made on this claim will overrule your current award so yes, if a decision is made before the new end date then it will either stay the same, increase or stop completely. I can only see this as a good thing because at least of a decision isn’t made by January your award will not stop.
    The report will be written by the assessment provider and a decision made by DWP. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    Most people have assessments. As you’ve asked for yours to be recorded then this would have delayed your claim.
     Personally, I’d prefer to concentrate on my claim rather than a recording because this isn’t going to get you a PIP award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    I understand you but you won't be able to use the recording unless you have it professionally transcribed. Even then to concentrate on that will not get you a PIP award. Please remember that the assessment isn't there for them to write what you said word for word. It's for them to form an opinion on everything you sent and what you said during the assessment. So many people just assume they are supposed to write word for word what you said.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    I understand you but you won't be able to use the recording unless you have it professionally transcribed. Even then to concentrate on that will not get you a PIP award. Please remember that the assessment isn't there for them to write what you said word for word. It's for them to form an opinion on everything you sent and what you said during the assessment. So many people just assume they are supposed to write word for word what you said.
    Thanks Poppy. Again, I understand that that the assessment is never verbatim, but when the assessor in previous assessments has given the total opposite of what I've said in assessments, my request to have it recorded has been in desperation, I can't face another long battle when they've actually told blatant lies in what they've said :( 

It seems like you don't understand going by this comment here. When you filled out your most recent form did you give a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you? adding as much detail as possible about what exactly happened, where you were, did anyone see it and what the consequeces were?
    In previous claims if you sent medical evidence this is only useful if it states exactly how your conditions affect you and most medical evidence doesn't. It will usually state the basics like diagnosis, medication, appointments etc etc.
    In my most recent PIP review (this year) i sent a repeat prescription list and a short assessment report from an OT of the aids that were needed in my house and were given to me by my local Authority. The rest of my application form was anecdotal evidence.. 1 page of real world examples for each descriptor that applied. Going into full detail as mentioned above. I had a paper based assessment. I did exactly the same for my daughters PIP review this year and also had another paper based assessment for her.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.