PIP review process. My form is with a decision maker. Will they pass it onto an assessor? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review process. My form is with a decision maker. Will they pass it onto an assessor?

Options
pamela1962
pamela1962 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone 
I have  recently  done a review  for pip. I phoned  today  as they have  had my form since the 1st November.  They say  its with a decision  maker. Does this mean they will make the decision or will it be passed  on to an assessor, like atom? Not sure  what happens with a review.  Thank you ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes it goes to a decision maker before being sent to the health assessment providers. As most people have assessments you should expect it to be forwarded onto them at some point. There’s huge backlogs at the moment and sometimes it takes several weeks for a file to be sent across.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @pamela1962

Thanks for asking your question, I hope you are well. 

I hope the above reply has been helpful in clearing things up for you a bit, it can be quite frustrating when you are waiting a while so hopefully it isn't too much longer for you.

Good luck :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • pamela1962
    pamela1962 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    Thank  you  for  your  reply. I was hoping  since this is by second  review after the initial process and nothing  has changed  in my circumstances  I wouldn't  get another atos assessment   Both times I had to fight afterwards,  it wears you down.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pamela1962

Yes, I can understand why you wouldn't want another assessment, they aren't always the easiest processes to go through.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.