Sent my forms 9 weeks ago and haven't heard back. Is this good? Will I have to do an assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sent my forms 9 weeks ago and haven't heard back. Is this good? Will I have to do an assessment?

Options
Ydps29
Ydps29 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I wonder if anyone can help me I sent off my application for pip with my medical records just over 9 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything from them at all. Does anyone know if this is a good sign or not, also I have borderline split personality disorder, among other things so I was wondering if I would have to do a over the phone assessment or the dreaded face to face interview??????? I really hope someone can help with my questions 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

The wait times are long so its nothing to worry about that you haven't heard anything 

Claims are taking around 10 months to complete 

Most assessment are still phone but f2f have started 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    9 weeks is not long at all. We have members here that are waiting several months just for the assessment. Then there's another wait of anything between 2-12 weeks for the decision.
    Paper based assessments are rare but possible. The best advice i can give is to expect an assessment because most have them, then if it's not needed it will be a bonus.
    For now, all you can do it wait but very likely it won't be until next year now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ydps29 thanks for reaching out here, have our members helped to reassure you?

If you're still unsure about anything please do say, we can help support you :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MrJackT
    MrJackT Community member Posts: 127 Courageous
    Options
    @Ydps29 Hello! 

I applied for PIP on the 23rd June 2021. 

I got a text message from the DWP on the 29th July 2021 saying they had received the form. 

I then had a telephone assessment on the 12th November 2021. 

The DWP then made a decision on the 2nd December 2021 and the letter came in the post on the 9th December. 

I hope this helps you out and gives you a little insight. 

Jack
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Options
    Was it good news mr jack??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    rayrar80 said:
    Was it good news mr jack??

Not according to this thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/86828/advice-pip-mandatory-reconsideration#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.