Pip payment is odd. If they've stopped my claim, how soon will I have to return my motability car? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip payment is odd. If they've stopped my claim, how soon will I have to return my motability car?

loracuk
loracuk Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all

i have been getting pip for the last three years and reapplied etc in august. I’ve not received any letters but this morning I’ve got an odd amount from them whtn my payment isn’t due until Tuesday.
Im now thinking they’ve stopped my claim and that’s the final decision payment. If they’ve stopped it how soon will I have to return my motability car? I live rurally so will be lost without it. 
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Until you know what the decision outcome is it’s pointless to speculate. The odd payment might be an arrears payment due because the award has been increased. Either ring them to find out or wait and see what payment you get on Tuesday.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • loracuk
    Just spoken to them and they’ve stopped my higher mobility element so I’m going to lose my car. I’m so scared as I live in a village miles from my family and need transport. I will ask my gp to do me a letter to see if that help but any advice gratefully received. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Your next step will be to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR). Some information here, including a form to download and fill in. https://www.gov.uk/mandatory-reconsideration/how-to-ask-for-mandatory-reconsideration
    What you need to do is state where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    A letter from your GP isn't the best evidence to send because they don't know exactly how your conditions affect you. They will only be able to state the basics like diagnosis, medication etc etc.
    Not only that they may charge for this letter.
    Motability will contact you regarding your car.
    Expert advice is also advised here. For this start here. https://advicelocal.uk] choose the topic "welfare benefits" and it will tell you what's local to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • racyguy
    racyguy Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
    This has and always has been my worry. Whilst I was given a 10 year award back in 2019, I cannot really understand how loracuk or indeed how anyone could have the mobility element removed if there were no changes in ability. Totally confused.

• poppy123456
    Different decision makers come to different conclusions. The majority of the time it's down to poorly completed claim packs.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • loracuk
    Thank you all for your replies. The letter from the dwp arrived with major inaccuracies from what was said on the phone assessment. 
    The uni disability officer has sent a comprehensive letter covering their inaccurate description of my interview so let’s see what happens now. Somehow I think it’ll end up going to a tribunal. 
  • poppy123456
    loracuk said:
    The letter from the dwp arrived with major inaccuracies from what was said on the phone assessment. 

The assessment process isn't there for them to write what you said verbatim, if it was there would be no point in having the assessment. It's there for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. They then write the report which is their opinion based on everything you sent and what you said during the assessment.
    Focusing totally what was said on your decision letter and assessment report will not get you a PIP award. You're far better concentrating on where and why you think you should have scored those points.. ancedotal evidence speaks for itself, as advised above.
  • loracuk
    I did give them anecdotal examples and they said I could follow a journey alone without prompting which is the opposite of what I said and what my therapist wrote. 

• loracuk
    I did give them anecdotal examples and they said I could follow a journey alone without prompting which is the opposite of what I said and what my therapist wrote. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.