Life — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Life

Options
Muppets69
Muppets69 Community member Posts: 71 Connected
Sorry haven't been on much mental health is so bad and now I've been told my mum has terminal cancer and I'm not copping to well I put on a brave face when I'm with her it's killing me inside 

Comments

• Muppets69
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hello no I haven't thing is its not about me if that makes sense I'm trying so hard to hold it together I'm numb inside I don't want next year to come if that makes sense 
  • Muppets69
    Options
    Hello teddybear 12 I wouldn't know wat to say I'm breaking down constant not infront of her thou 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi it 8s important that in order to support your mum that you get the help you need to do that 

Mcmillan are there for the family as well as the patient and can offer you support 
  • Muppets69
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies I've dealt with MacMillan in the past I lost my dad to cancer I had it and now facing losing my mum to it I'm so scared to lose my mum I m putting a front on but it's killing me inside 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Muppets69, this much be such a difficult time for you, especially after losing your dad too.

I know you say it isn't about you, but you're important and how you're feeling is important as well.
    As a parent myself, I know that I would want my children to be getting support if they were dealing with losing either me or their mother. 

Macmillan say this about looking after yourself and talking about your feelings: 

"Being honest about your feelings can help you feel less stressed and more in control. You may think you should ignore your own feelings and only think about the needs of the person you are caring for. But you both need support to help you cope.

Try to get the support and information you need early on to help you develop ways of coping. Talk to family members, friends or one of the health or social care professionals involved in the person’s care. If your feelings are getting overwhelming or you feel depressed, it is important to get professional help.

We have more information about your feelings when someone close to you has cancer.

Macmillan is also here to support you. If you would like to talk, you can:

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness