If awarded lcwra, do you receive that payment on top of another payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If awarded lcwra, do you receive that payment on top of another payment?

danixxx
danixxx Community member Posts: 128 Connected
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi if awarded lcwra do you receive that payment on top of another payment ? 
Claiming jsa at the minute with the UC

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    The UC payment will be increased by the LCWRA element of £343.63/month. This will be payable from the fourth full assessment period after you reported the health condition.

When you say you are claiming JSA do you actually mean that or do you mean you are claiming UC as a jobseeker? 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    According to your other thread, you're not claiming JSA, it's UC you're claiming which has replaced the old JSA. Thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/85191/hi-my-name-is-danixxx-if-i-get-lcwra-will-it-be-backdated#latest
    If you're found to have LCWRA then you will receive the extra £343 in with your maximum UC entitlement and it will be paid as 1 monthly payment on your usual payment date. When it is paid from was fully explained in your other thread.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danixxx
    Yes sorry uc as a job seeker it’s so confusing 
  • danixxx
    Hi everyone just a quick one so I sent the uc50 form back in October for lcwra 
    I called the office we’re the form
    goes to for a update and was told they are awaiting evidence from my doctor 
    this may sound a stupid question but is that to check I am on the medication I said I was ? 
    Or do they request more info from the gp ? 

• calcotti
    edited December 2021
    danixxx said:.. was told they are awaiting evidence from my doctor 
    this may sound a stupid question but is that to check I am on the medication I said I was ? 
    Or do they request more info from the gp ? 
    They don't usually contact GPs or other medical people but do sometimes. No specific reason - just to obtain more information to help inform their decision.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    I claim ESA but the work capability assessment process is the same for this as it is for UC. Having had about 3 or 4 work capability assessments in 8 years my GP has been contacted twice.
    I must admit it's very limited information they ask for and a GP doesn't really know a huge amount about how a person's conditions affect them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • danixxx
    Oh ok Thankyou both hopefully not waiting long for the assessment then 
    As I reported my health condition in august to the uc 
  • poppy123456
    Since August really isn't that long. Some people are waiting several months because of the backlogs for the work capability assessment.
  • danixxx
    Would I be out of my assessment period now ?
    if reported health condition 06/08/2021
  • calcotti
    danixxx said:
    I don’t know what you mean by “out of my assessment period”.
  • poppy123456
    danixxx said:

Do you mean "waiting period?" If so then it will depend on the dates of your monthly assessment periods, or what date you usually receive your money each month. The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods. Then it's paid on the 4th month after you reported your health condition but only if found to have LCWRA.
  • danixxx
    Reported health condition /06/08/2021
    assessment period get paid the 12th of each month 
  • poppy123456
    That means your assessment periods are 6th-5th of each month. Your waiting period will be Aug/sept, Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov. LCWRA would start from AP 6th Nov/5th Dec with first payment being 12th Dec but only if found to have LCWRA. 
  • danixxx
    Thankyou poppy xx 
  • danixxx
    Just awaiting my telephone assessment which is going to be after Xmas now 
    I only asked 
    So if found to have lcwra they would therefore have to backdate me from December up in till they award me it 
  • danixxx
    Hi I have had my appointment for the Lcwra 
    my anxiety through the roof what questions do they ask ?
    am claiming for my mental health no physical problems 
  • poppy123456
    It will totally depend on how your conditions affect you and no one here knows that. Everyone’s work capability assessment will be different. 
    When answering the questions make sure you don’t just answer with a yes or no. You need to give as much detail as possible. Some find it helpful to write down some notes but I personally have never found that helpful.
    Assessment times can be anything from 20 - 120 minutes, sometimes longer. 
  • danixxx
    Ok thank you poppy 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2022
    My daughter claims UC with LCWRA element and I did her work capability assessment via telephone because I’m her appointee. She doesn’t claim for physical conditions either. 
    I don’t know if this will help but they wanted to know what a typical day was like for her.
    Her assessment lasted 20 minutes but I did go into a lot of detail when I filled in the form and used real world incidents. 
  • danixxx
    Thanks poppy that means a lot and does help me xx 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.