A poem called what year — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A poem called what year

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,374 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2021 in Coffee lounge

A poem called what year

What a difficult year we have faced and tasted due to Covid.

We have lost some special famous people like Prince Philip, comedian Sean Lock, Gerry Marsden the lead of The Gerry and the Pacemakers star, singer of the Liverpool anthem You'll Never Walk Alone and some others who all will always live in our hearts. 

We have also had some shining light in the world of sports Gareth Southgate and the young lions raised the nation spirits as they got through the Euro football final, which made us proud of all as stood tall against some fantastic football teams that came out on top.

We have new Tennis gem Emma Raducanu who won the US Open 2021 as light tennis counts up and never gave up her tennis dreams, as nothing seems so impossible to achieve. 

I would salute all the NHS staff for the amazing work they have done and are still doing to win the battle against Covid.

With 2022 close on our heels I hope to raise the nation's spirits through reading this poem and bring glowing smiles to others faces who may be needing a lift. 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster

Thanks for continuing to share your wonderful writing with us. 2021 has certainly been a tough year. Hopefully, 2022 will be brighter. Keep hoping and being kind  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness