Can anyone help me understand this? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone help me understand this?

Options
lolios4u
lolios4u Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I've been awarded lcwra and thats about as much as I can understand as the Decision was made the 23rd December but as you can see it dates back to 2019 and it's just getting me really confused, any help and information would be absolutely amazing, thanks

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    It means that you are entitled to have been paid the LCWRA element from the 29th July to 28th August period 2019 (the payment made in early September 2019).

Your future UC payments will include the LCWRA element and you will get a separate payment of the arrears due from September 2019. It will take a while for DWP to calculate what they owe you as they have to recalculate every month that is affected and then compare it with what they paid you in order to work out the difference.

The LCWRA element is currently worth £343.63/month. Exactly how much your UC payments change will be affected by how your UC claim is made up.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @lolios4u and welcome to the community. 
    It's great news you've had the decision changed and will have the LCWRA element backdated to September 2019. 
    As @calcotti mentions, it'll take a while for them to calculate what they owe you backdated but you should receive the LCWRA element from your next payment onwards too. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lolios4u
    lolios4u Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope @calcotti thank you both so much I really appreciate the help and the explanation, hope you's have an amazing Christmas!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.