Hi, my name is Pip0points! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Pip0points!

Pip0points
Pip0points Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I cannot believe that I haven’t been awarded PIP due to my mental health illness. My assessor concluded that I am fit enough to look after myself because I can bath myself, come in and out a car without any help and stand up for up to 10 min at a time. He didn’t take anything I said into consideration. Ah, I am also aware of my condition as I have been on the same medication for 3 years. 
I feel frustrated, hurt and manipulated. My daughter does most of everything in this house, I do not mingle with people because of my condition, I do not look after any budgeting affairs in my household because of my condition, yet still he lied and said that I do. Don’t ppl that are on the higher level of mobility come in and out a car that has been provided through the motibility scheme? Outrageous…. I feel so low!!!!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    Your next step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    If you didn't add a couple of real world examples when you filled out the form then i'd advise you to do that for the MR. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    You should also consider getting some expert advice to check that you can score enough points for an award.  You can have a disability but not qualify for PIP because if you don't meet the descriptors, you won't score the points for an award. I'm not saying you don't qualify because i don't know exactly how your conditions affect you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @Pip0points. I'm so sorry to hear about how your assessment turned out and that the result has made you feel so low, but there's still some things you can do as outlined above by Poppy. The PIP process can be very frustrating, especially when it feels as though you've not been listened to or awarded what you feel you're entitled to. However, there's plenty of people across the community here who have gone through very similar situations and I'm sure someone will be able to offer you the benefit of their experience and their knowledge of the system.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything at all we can help with.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Pip0points
    Thank you very much for your advice. I will definitely be getting professional help on this one. He completely dismissed what I said and twisted my words. I couldn’t believe it!!! I will keep you guys updated. 
  • Pip0points
  • poppy123456
    Have you actually received the decision or just a copy of the report? If it's the latter then when they write the report, they aren't there to write what you said word for word during the assessment. The assessment is part of the process to gather more evidence to support your claim. When they write the report, it's their opinion based on everything you sent and what you said during the assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • paulamaria
    paulamaria Community member Posts: 50 Connected
    Hi I have to say any advice on here do take it as I had my review and got 0 point and unfortunately I asked for the report which in hind sight I should not off as only made my anxiety worse, with the advice on here I got it back, good luck. Don’t give up x
  • Pip0points
    @poppy123456 Apparently they didn’t get my form (the lengthy one), so they based my application on the initial form and assessment.
  • Pip0points
  • disbutveryabled
    disbutveryabled Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Thank you very much for your advice. I will definitely be getting professional help on this one. He completely dismissed what I said and twisted my words. I couldn’t believe it!!! I will keep you guys updated. 
    MR, state EVERY single discrepency, how it is categorically deniable, how you can prove otherwise. Most of the time, they refuse the first attempt to get rid of those who can't bear to fight against DWP. I did, and I got a result.
  • Pip0points
    MR, state EVERY single discrepency, how it is categorically deniable, how you can prove otherwise. Most of the time, they refuse the first attempt to get rid of those who can't bear to fight against DWP. I did, and I got a result.
    Thank you for the advice
  • Pip0points
    Please don’t spread misinformation. Most people who claim PIP get awarded PIP. 

It’s also a poor idea to rip apart the HCP report. A couple of irrefutable examples of inaccuracies will more than suffice. The HCP report isn’t going to be removed from evidence so the most you can do is persuade the DM to give it less weight. There is no practical difference between three examples and fifty three examples. Your energies would be far better directed, as @poppy123456 has already pointed out, to ensuring the strength of your own evidence. 
    Sorry but I do not think that 34% is most people. Most ppl get it after they have had to fight
  • Pip0points
    Does anyone knows if their local MP could help with an appeal?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Pip0points said: Sorry but I do not think that 34% is most people. Most ppl get it after they have had to fight
    Where have you got 34% from?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Does anyone knows if their local MP could help with an appeal?

No because your local MP will have very little knowledge of the criteria for PIP and won't know exactly how your conditions affect you. 
    Do you have a link for the 34% you mentioned above?
  • calcotti
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    I was hungover :)
    They don’t change much.
  • Pip0points
    I was hungover :)
      😂😂😂 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.