Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Pip0points!
I cannot believe that I haven’t been awarded PIP due to my mental health illness. My assessor concluded that I am fit enough to look after myself because I can bath myself, come in and out a car without any help and stand up for up to 10 min at a time. He didn’t take anything I said into consideration. Ah, I am also aware of my condition as I have been on the same medication for 3 years.
I feel frustrated, hurt and manipulated. My daughter does most of everything in this house, I do not mingle with people because of my condition, I do not look after any budgeting affairs in my household because of my condition, yet still he lied and said that I do. Don’t ppl that are on the higher level of mobility come in and out a car that has been provided through the motibility scheme? Outrageous…. I feel so low!!!!
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 723 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.