Confirming Identity. Is there a way to get an earlier appointment with the Job Centre? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confirming Identity. Is there a way to get an earlier appointment with the Job Centre?

cwatson0000
cwatson0000 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
My mothers claim for child tax credits ended as she was over paid, she is now in financial hardship and I’ve had to help her make a new claim for UC. Unfortunately we were unable to confirm her identity online, and the job centre can only offer her an appointment on the 4th January. Is there any way to get an earlier appointment, or for them to call her and confirm her identity that way? Can I request this? She has no money to live on as she was expecting a child tax credits payment on 24th December, and really needs an advance of her UC payment. Is there anything I can do to help her speed this up so she can get an advance sooner?

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I’d imagine with the Christmas and the New Year approaching there was no earlier appointments to offer you as they would have been closed. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    She can try leaving a message on her journal to ask if a telephone appointment can be given. There's only the rest of today and tomorrow left and they're closed Monday due to bank holiday.
    Are you aware that any advance payment will need to be repaid back from future UC payments?
    Can she borrow some money from family members in the meantime?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.