Refused pip.. please help - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused pip.. please help

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Wenners said:
    Poppy u have probably never had to go thro this and have no idea

I have plenty of benefits knowledge but thanks. Personally, i've never had any problems with both ESA and PIP for myself. Same with my daughters LCWRA and PIP.
    I can assure you that a Tribunal is not a court. The telephone assessments have been very successful and the majority of people are awarded successfully, with no problems.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ChrisH90
    ChrisH90 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
    Wenners said:
    Poppy u have probably never had to go thro this and have no idea

I have plenty of benefits knowledge but thanks. Personally, i've never had any problems with both ESA and PIP for myself. Same with my daughters LCWRA and PIP.
    I can assure you that a Tribunal is not a court. The telephone assessments have been very successful and the majority of people are awarded successfully, with no problems.
    I didn’t have a problem with LCWRA I got awarded that, But refused pip, I’m guessing it’ll be a while until I receive a MR decision as it’s been Christmas.
  • Wenners
    Wenners Community member Posts: 17 Connected
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Wenners said:
    What is LCWRA
    Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I've removed a couple of comments from this thread. Please remember the house rules and to keep it friendly.
    The benefit system can be incredibly stressful, especially if you're not familiar with all the nuances. It's important to remember that emotions will run high, so rather than turning on one another, we should be doing our best to support and encourage each other. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Wenners
    Thank u Adrian I will try to remember that.Not only do I care for my scizo son but my other son has had several strokes and been thrown out by his wife and living with us and has had a breakdown,I apologise if I got a bit upset but it's a lot as I am 72 myself now😊
  • Wenners
    It's hard to be told it's badly completed forms causes it when it was filled in by a Citizens Advice Advocate for disabled people.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited January 2022
    @Wenners just remember that no one here is against you, we are all here to help and we all have our own experiences and journeys but alongside that there are members that have very detailed knowledge of various areas of benefits and they are all here to support and guide you through everything so you get the best outcome, no one is trying to do the opposite, so engaging with us all and by listening you can get a lot of help and support. 
  • Wenners
    Those who have been turned down themselves have empathy for those in a similar situation
  • poppy123456
    Just because an advice agency fills out a form it doesn't mean it can't still be poorly completed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Wenners
    She is an advocate skilled in her work filling in forms for people with disabilities. He was granted PIP by the Tribunal 3yrs ago she came to the Court with us,she wins all her cases.
    He has been turned down after a phone call at his 3 yr review.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Wenners said:
    Those who have been turned down themselves have empathy for those in a similar situation
    It's perfectly possible to empathise with other people even if one hasn't experienced the same circumstances oneself.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kitkat23
    kitkat23 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    I read a lot of these threads...but would never dare ask for support as some of the regular posters are too smug and argumentative...its a shame really 
  • Wenners
    Hi Adrian. Thanks but no thanks I have found a few kind supportive people on here but some who are very tactless to people going thro difficult times. I will still support scope. 
  • paulamaria
    paulamaria Community member Posts: 50 Connected
    @kitkat23 I asked for help on here and I can wholeheartedly say with out the help I know I would not have won my MR, if you need help don’t be afraid to ask as they are all so helpful on here , xx
  • poppy123456
    Wenners said:

Although i've never been turned down for any of those benefits, I have plenty of empathy thank you. If i didn't then i wouldn't have advised thousands of people and i certainly wouldn't be giving up my time freely to help others here.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Closed pending review. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.