Hi, my name is Ronny331! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ronny331!

Ronny331
Ronny331 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone.
I'm 50 male and intermittently disabled both physically snd mentally. I am hetro sexual.
I came across this site whilst trying to find a genuine dating site for people with health challenges.
I was shocked to see how many sites claiming to be for disabled people are actually scams, it's sad that this sort of thing goes on!
If I had the funds I'd set up a charity run site that acted as a vetted hub for friend making and partner seeking g if desired.
My wife left me when I became ill 6 years ago and from then on life is a lonely daily slog for me without that special person to share the little things with.
I'd love to hear back from some of you as happy to make lots of new friends. x

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Ronny331 and welcome :) Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself, I'm sorry to hear about your wife, hopefully the community can be a place for you to make new friends as you say.

Feel free to explore the forum at your own pace, while it's not a dating site, you might find our Dating, Sex and Relationships category of interest, or I can recommend the Coffee Lounge as a good place to start for more casual chats.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ronny331
    Ronny331 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @Alex_Scope and @Teddybear12 thanks for your replies.
    I will look in the categories you mentioned.
    In answer to teddy bear no I do t have any support now except fot my best friend my Dad but he is now 80 and husbandry declining health.

Considering my situation I'm fairly self sufficient but have lost contact with any friends I once had and could easily go months without properly talking to someone, (not including a passing comment from a neighbour).
    I worry for my future as mental health challenges haunt me. 
    I should make it clear that my main problem is linliness and trying to find somewhere local to me for company.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ronny331 :) I agree that contacting your local council to see if they have any activities running is a good idea. You could also look around to see whether any charities in your area run social groups or something similar, as they can be another good way of meeting likeminded people. One other option is to look on sites such as meetup.com, which show you groups and events local to you based on your interests or experiences. You may also find our tips on dealing with on stress, isolation, and loneliness helpful. 
    I worry for my future as mental health challenges haunt me. 
    Would you be comfortable telling us a little more about this? Do you have any specific worries? 

I'd also encourage you to speak to your GP about your mental health and feelings of loneliness, if you feel able to. I know it can be a difficult step to take, but they should be able to discuss some options with you so that you can start to feel more well. Is that something you'd feel comfortable doing?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness