Hi, my name is KayCee7981! My daughter's moving from DLA to PIP. When will she be paid? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is KayCee7981! My daughter's moving from DLA to PIP. When will she be paid?

Options
KayCee7981
KayCee7981 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I can't find anything that can help me can I ask if anyone knows the anwser the question is - my daughter is receiving dla but has turned 16 and done her pip claim which she has been accepted for her dla was usually oaid on a Tuesday and pip on a Thursday so will my daughter's pip payment days remain the same as the dla was every 4 weeks or will the pip day change to the Thursday but continue from the 4 weeks onwards meaning the dla would cut of 2 days earlier then pip be paid on the Thursday. I'm sorry it sounds gobbledygook  but I'd be grateful for any answers 🙏 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    PIP is paid every 4 weeks like DLA was. In your comment you said the PIP was going to be paid on a Thursday so the payment day has changed. First PIP payment is usually about 7 weeks after the decision was made.
    There should be one more payment of DLA and then PIP will start a few weeks later. The decision letter should tell you when you will receive the first PIP payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello @KayCee7981

Wishing you a warm welcome to the community, I hope you are well and enjoy getting involved here. This is a very supportive and welcoming place so I'm sure you'll fit in nicely.

I hope the above reply has been helpful in clearing things up for you, and I just wanted to let you know that I have moved your discussion over to our PIP / DLA category, which you also might like to browse for related information.

It's good to hear that your daughter has been successful with her transition over to PIP, and if you have any further questions then don't hesitate to ask.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.