PIP Denied — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Denied

Gazzanova
Gazzanova Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I've just been on the phone to dwp to ask for my Pip assessment form. 

She told me there has been a decision letter sent out on Friday, she told me I wouldn't be getting pip as stated on the letter. 

I was told by my psychiatrist I should be on PIP,so I'm totally confused.

I suffer with chronic daily migraines and mental health issues. 

I am currently on ESA non support group too. 

I'm not sure what to do now, if you point me in the right direction that would be great. 

Thank You

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    PIP isn’t awarded based on any diagnosis, it’s how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. 
    You can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) where another decision maker will look at everything again and make another decision.

You should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. If you haven’t already then you should add a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. 

I would say it’s very unlikely that a Psychiatrist will have any understanding of the PIP descriptors and the criteria. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    first of all @Gazzanova good afternoon and a warm welcome to scope, your psychiatrist isn't the DWP however PIP is awarded not for what's wrong with you but how it affects your daily living and/or mobility v the descriptors.
    wait for the letter as confirmation then the next step is a MR (mandatory reconsideration) basically another decision maker will look at your application, you have to do this before you can appeal.
    Look at where you haven't scored points that you think you should have and why.
    It might be an idea to try and get help from welfare rights or CAB.

Let us know how you get on.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Gazzanova
    Thanks for your quick response poppy. 

The lady on the phone advised that I think, I've just received a text saying "you've asked us to look at our recent PIP decision again" 

Is this the Mandatory Reconsideration?

When I had my assessment the lady on the phone said your form is really well filled in. So I'm totally confused. 
  • Gazzanova
    woodbine said:
    first of all @Gazzanova good afternoon and a warm welcome to scope, your psychiatrist isn't the DWP however PIP is awarded not for what's wrong with you but how it affects your daily living and/or mobility v the descriptors.
    wait for the letter as confirmation then the next step is a MR (mandatory reconsideration) basically another decision maker will look at your application, you have to do this before you can appeal.

Thank you woodbine, should I go to citizens advice and see if they can help me? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Them at text would be the MR request.
    Gazzanova said:
    When I had my assessment the lady on the phone said your form is really well filled in. So I'm totally confused. 
    This doesn’t mean anything. The assessor doesn’t award points, they make recommendations based on everything you sent and what you said during the assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You still need to put the mr in writing to get the best outcome as detailed by poppy 

Doing it over the phone means you are relying on a call handler putting down all you have said 
    By writing it down gives you time to think about it and you cab keep a copy fir reference 
  • woodbine
    Gazzanova said:
    woodbine said:

Thank you woodbine, should I go to citizens advice and see if they can help me? 
    I would tele them first, also try welfare rights if there is one in your area.

• ChrisH90
    ChrisH90 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
    Gazzanova said:

She told me there has been a decision letter sent out on Friday, she told me I wouldn't be getting pip as stated on the letter. 

I'm not sure what to do now, if you point me in the right direction that would be great. 

Thank You
    I was denied pip too whole process taken 9 months and scored 0 points, The disgusting lady on the telephone assessment just lied, Which I noted in my Mandatory Reconsideration.
  • Gazzanova
    ChrisH90 said:
    Gazzanova said:

Thank You
    I was denied pip too whole process taken 9 months and scored 0 points, The disgusting lady on the telephone assessment just lied, Which I noted in my Mandatory Reconsideration.
    Exact same happened to me, Ive sent in about 20 pages of evidence and my mandatory reconsideration letter. Fingers crossed. 
  • ChrisH90
    ChrisH90 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
    Gazzanova said:
    ChrisH90 said:
    Gazzanova said:

Thank You
    Exact same happened to me, Ive sent in about 20 pages of evidence and my mandatory reconsideration letter. Fingers crossed. 
    Hopefully someone honest at the DWP will look at the mandatory reconsideration, I sent it in on the 13th December.
  • Gazzanova
    ChrisH90 said:
    Gazzanova said:
    ChrisH90 said:
    Gazzanova said:

Thank You
    Hopefully someone honest at the DWP will look at the mandatory reconsideration, I sent it in on the 13th December.
    Fingers crossed for you, just be prepared to appeal cause that's what I'm doing 
  • woodbine
    ChrisH90 said:
    Gazzanova said:

Thank You
    I have to say that just because you disagree with what they say doesn't always mean they lie, they write a report based on what's presented in the application and what's said on the day during the assessment, basing an MR on perceived lies won't help your case.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.