Hi, my name is daz22! How would I go about cancelling my PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is daz22! How would I go about cancelling my PIP?

daz22
daz22 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I would like a little bit of advice from someone my mum has moved out she meant to be my carer and she's no longer providing care from me from the 18th of November my mum has been exaggerating my disability quite a bit for a long time now and I get Pip but I've been trying to cancel my Pip claim and my father who is not my carer live with me and he agrees with me but we don't know how to quite go about it on cancelling my Pip claim
Can I just simply say I would like my Pip cancelled

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Hi,
    You can't just cancel a PIP award, it doesn't work like that. You can ring to report changes to your conditions and you'll be sent more forms to fill in for another assessment.
    Before doing this are you 100% sure you fully understand the PIP descriptors and what they mean? Very few people do. The first thing you should do is get some expert advice from an agency near you and you can tell them exactly how your conditions affect you and they will tell you whether your PIP award is correct. Start here https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @daz22

Welcome to the community, it's nice to see you join us and I'm sure you'll enjoy taking part here.

Sorry to hear of the situation you are in, it sounds really difficult and it mustn't be nice to know that one of your parents has been exaggerating your condition and has left despite being your carer. I hope that the above information has been helpful, it does seem as though some professional advice might be the best course of action for your situation. 

Is your dad intending to become your carer?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.