PIP, UC, and assessments. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP, UC, and assessments.

Moonunit
Moonunit Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all, 

Bit of a wierd one but ill to explain as best as i can.

To cut a long story short i made a pip application (I've had my assessment, still waiting on a decision...very patiently lol). 

This month though i noticed my UC has gone up by about 250, I've gone over everything to be sure it wasn't in error and everything checks out. 

So kind of put it to the back of my mind, but then on Saturday i got a letter from UC telling me i have a telephone assessment at the end of the month (regarding the disability element which i didn't previously get although i applied last year when i had to leave my job).

I know i probably sound like I'm being pedantic, but is this a good sign regarding my pip claim? 

Up until this point UC hadn't made any attempts at contacting me regarding my disability, or is it coincidental? 

I appreciate that alot of you are in the same boat playing the waiting game, but I'd appreciate any incite.

(sorry that was long lol, i don't get out much or speak to many people outside my family/carer 😂) 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    The UC assessment and PIP are completely separate with different criteria. The UC assessment means nothing in respect of the PIP claim. It’s coincidence.

You say that everything on the UC claim appears correct. Can you see why the UC has gone up this month? What has changed?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Moonunit
    Moonunit Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi, thanks for replying. 

The calculations on uc are correct, regarding my partners wages and my esa. 

I can see exactly why its gone up, but the information is correct.

My concern was perhaps a miscalculation (which happened to me a few years ago and i won't get bit by that dog again lol) 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Moonunit said:
    The calculations on uc are correct, regarding my partners wages and my 
    I can see exactly why its gone up, but the information is correct.
    Excellent - and very prudent of you to check.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Moonunit and welcome to the community. Thanks for reaching out, as calcotti says, it's very prudent of you to check everything is correct, that's a good step to take.

Keep us updated with how you get on, and let us know if there's anything else you're unsure about :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.