Where’s nice in North Wales to book one week’s holidays? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where’s nice in North Wales to book one week’s holidays?

Options
CoffeeFirst
CoffeeFirst Scope Member Posts: 200 Pioneering
I’ve been to Llandudno a few years ago and really enjoyed that but looking for another nice place to visit now. Closer to the beach…the better.

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love caernarfon  lovely place to go 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Some great recommendations from both @Username_removed and @lisathomas50 :) 

This guide on North Wales best beaches might help you make your decision too: 

https://www.visitwales.com/things-do/nature-and-landscapes/beaches/north-wales-beaches

Please let us know where you end up going and if you have any recommendations for us all too :) 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In N.Wales I like Rhos-on-sea, or on Angelsey Treaudor Bay
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Even though there are lovely beaches in North Wales  I like the beaches in South Wales better we have so my beautiful beaches 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Mike I love the gower coast line and worms head is one of my favourites bury port is a beautiful beach I love porthcawl to be fair I love Wales I have a wonderful sea view from my house it helps so much for my health and wellbeing and as already said  in another thread I am where I want to be in life I reached my goal and I am happy 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Where I live I am higher than than the sea Mike so I walk along the front of the houses as there are no houses in front of me I can't say the name on here you would probably know it and the views across the sea are breathtaking I walk all the way down and the walk across the back of our houses and then back down its a big circle takes an hour to walk all the way round always with a fantastic view across the sea 

It's a shame your not where you used to be but saying that I do know people who would rather not be by the sea and aren't kean on it 

I think wales has a natural beauty 
  • Libby_Alumni
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I did my undergraduate and postgraduate degree at Swansea University and one of my favourite beaches is Three Cliffs Bay, in the Gower :) such a beautiful spot!
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Three cliffs is a beautiful place I love the gower @Libby_Scope
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When I was young we used to go on holiday to south Wales to a place called Fresh Water East in Pembrookshire, and I always found it to be such a beautiful place, with much better beaches than those of North Yorkshire.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Options
    It's so lovely @lisathomas50 :) 

There's also my favourite ice cream shop in Mumbles called Verdi's, have you been? They do the BEST ice cream flavours and I would always visit on the weekends.
    Scope

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Yes I have been to verdies in mumbles @Libby_Scope but the best Welsh ice cream is Joe's ice cream cant beat it expensive if you go into the Joe's icecream parlour and eat it in I paid 20.00 for two tall glasses filled with an assortment of Joe's ice cream with sauce and all sorts of other nice things lol 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I can agree with @Libby_Scope's comment on Verdi's, I studied at Swansea too, and I always loved visiting there when in the Mumbles :) Everyone always said Joe's was better, but I preferred Verdi's, because there's such a lovely view inside when it's raining (which is more often than not)!

In terms of the Gower my favourite place was always Rhossili Bay, it was so dramatic and changeable. 
    Scope

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Ha ha yes @Alex_Scope verdi's is nice but the Welsh will stick by Joe's  ice cream lol I only had Joe's ice cream on special occasions but alot of places do nice ice cream now with all the different flavours there is a nice ice cream place in Tenby on the other end of the beach north end beach I think its called and the different types of cones lol can't wait for the summer 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @lisathomas50 I have to say all this talk makes having an ice cream quite tempting  :D

@CoffeeFirst I hope you can find somewhere nice by the beach in North Wales to enjoy one or two! You'll have to let us know where you decide.
    Scope

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Other parts of the UK are also available!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Completely ruined it, haven't we? :) 

I hope you have found some of the recommendations in this thread useful @CoffeeFirst, are you planning on going during the summer?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Ha ha Mike love it but there are beautiful places all over Wales best way to travel wales is in a camper van 

Cheap and can see all the beauty of wales lol 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @CoffeeFirst hope you find your holiday there are a few websites that  can help you as well sorry my fault we went over to South Wales I am realy sorry 

Good luck with your search sorry I wasn't help full 

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I couldn't afford nice holidays so first camper van I brought was only cheap and I traveled  with my kids all round the lake district we went in the six weeks holiday but we were a week late getting back it was fab and we never looked back I have a good  camper van now all mod cons shower toilet full size oven the works lol so happy days 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I once had a lovely holiday near Caernarfon, I especially remember driving through the pass of Llanberis and a day trip to Conwy.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness