Just wondering how everyone copes when pip is refused?
Hey just wondering how everyone copes when pip is refused? I have received pip previously but this time scored 0 even though my struggles haven't changed much I have diagnoses, i have no clue if i need to pay towards other costs I'm awaiting an call from CAB to discuss this things like council tax exemption. I'm worried I'm going to become depressed as I have an car that is due to back if MR unsuccessful and its the only way i travel as my partner drives me and travelling on transport causes me distress as i get lost easily and things get to much due to been on the Autistic spectrum. I have lost 10 stone since having an way to go out and about as I'm needing more operations (had 11) on my knee this now worries me that i can't get to appointments with physio, i did serve damage when 14 nearly lost complete use off leg, was taken into emergence surgery. I also go to regular hospital appointments for other things cardio and respiratory department mostly, even if i gain confidence to travel I'm not sure i could afford it some weeks I have 4 appointment. The assessment seemed OK but assessor seems to have made her mind up I mustn't struggle anymore as she insultingly said i've decided you can to everything I say I struggle with, had she of said I believe due to evidence wouldn't feel as bad. Anyway sorry for long post.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 926 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.