Accessible holiday in Europe this summer? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Accessible holiday in Europe this summer?

Options
AndreaD25
AndreaD25 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2022 in Start here and say hello!
I’m wanting to book an accessible holiday in Europe this summer, can anyone recommend either a company or destination. I walk with a stick and occasionally use a wheelchair for longer trips out.  Thankyou. PS I’ve looked at Limitless and they don’t quite fit our family.  I have 2 teenage daughters so looking for water sports and activities 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello @AndreaD25 thanks for joining the forum, and for your query.

In terms of destinations I've heard that Austria is really good for providing information on accessible travel and that some of Italy's cities are also very good for navigating via a wheelchair. After a quick google I've come across LP Tour, which might be a good starting point for research as well. 

Hopefully our members will share their own experiences with you too. To help I've changed the post title and marked it as unanswered.

Do feel free to explore the forum if you would like to, you can browse our categories here. If you have any further questions, just ask :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi, how are you today? I have found Cyprus good for accessibility, some of the beaches have a boardwalk right up to the sea, so you won’t get stuck in the sand and the pavements are relatively good. They have a water park, which I haven’t been too, but it looks good. I went to Ayia Napa with a car, so I could travel around that side of Cyprus easily. Nicosia and famagusta were easy to get around, as a wheelchair user. I went with Jet2 for flights and the car, and privately sorted accommodation, which was a self catered flat, which worked well when going out for the day or night. 
    I hope this helps
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

Brightness