Hi, my name is Laineyxo2! I've been referred for an interview with Capita after review. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Laineyxo2! I've been referred for an interview with Capita after review. Any advice?

Laineyxo2
Laineyxo2 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I'm new to the community. 
I sent away for my pip review in November last year and I phoned Dwp today to say my medication had doubled at night time as I'm struggling with anxiety, depression, eupd and cope by causing myself self harm. The Dwp told be I've been referred for an interview with capita and I'm up to high doe crying and worrying about meeting someone I don't know. It's really stressing me out its been 9 weeks from dwp recieved my renewal form....
Am I stressing out about nothing.. 
Please can anyone give me some advice 

Kind regards Elaine 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Unfortunately the review process is taking a lot longer than that in some cases 12 months 

My sister in law is having review and got letter to say her award would stay in place till new decision was made which could take 12 months 

The assessment in most cases are still being done by phone rather than f2f 
  • Laineyxo2
    It's terrible leaving people waiting in anticipation causing more distress than anything. Thanks for your comment
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The waiting is down mainly to backlogs and the situation everyone is in 

Dwp and capita are short staffed , working from hone , high absences due to covid etc the wait unfortunately is inevitable during a pandemic that has been affecting society for 2 years now 
  • Laineyxo2
    Oh I know all about the pandemic I've lost my stepmother and grandmother within months of each other. My dad is in a home with final stages of dementia and I can't visit because they've had an out break so I'm totally understanding to the fact the country is in a pandemic, and my mental health is worse than ever.
    Thanks for your insight
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,351 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    The majority of people have assessments even for a review. At the moment these mostly take place by telephone, though some have been face to face. 
    A change of medication isn’t a change of circumstances that need reporting, just so you’re aware. 
    I realise it’s stressful waiting but all you can do is wait. If an assessment is needed once an appointment becomes available they will contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Laineyxo2
    Thanks so much for commenting, I just seem to be over analysing and working myself up and probably over nothing, unfortunately it's just the way I am.

Kind regards Elaine 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,351 Disability Gamechanger
    I think the majority of people always find reviews cause even more anxiety than usual. I know they make me feel this way too only i have double the trouble because i'm my daughters appointee, so i deal with her claim too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Laineyxo2
    My goodness you've a lot going on.... 
    Kind regards 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Laineyxo2

Thanks for reaching out with your query and I hope the community has helped you to feel reassured about things. How are you feeling today?

I was quite worried reading this:

I'm struggling with anxiety, depression, eupd and cope by causing myself self harm.

Can I ask what support you're getting for you mental health at the moment? You mentioned your medication has doubled, have you spoken to your GP about the self harm as well?

I can recommend these resources to help when stress and anxiety all gets too overwhelming, please take a look here:

Remember, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital as soon as you can.

If you need any extra help or support please do let us know, you're not alone in this, and I hope you find the community a supportive place. 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Laineyxo2
    Hi thanks for your concern, one of my problems is that I don't talk enough, so I appreciate your message. 

I have a psychiatrist, he telephone last week and I was having a total melt down, I haven't been sleeping well to top everything else of.
    I have a cpn, they aren't very good at making contact I have to reach out to them when I'm feeling overwhelmed or in absolute crisis. 
    My GP is very good I'm going on Wednesday for bloods and an appointment with her as I'm having burning sensations in my right hand that's getting worse and limiting what I can do.
    My self harm is an ongoing battle that I'm managing to not do. 
    I've exhausted myself with stress and worry 

Sorry for causing you concern

Kind regards Elaine 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't apologise at all @Laineyxo2 I just want to help make sure you're getting enough support :)

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me, and explaining everything, that's very helpful. I'm glad to hear that you've been in touch with both your psychiatrist and your GP, and I hope your appointment on Wednesday goes okay. Perhaps you can let her know how exhausted you're feeling too.

It's very hard to let go of stress and worry, but talking about it is one big step. It's good that you're managing your battle with self harm, and you've got a good support network to call on if ever things get on top of you- that includes here as well.  

I've sent you an email to remind you of all the organisations you can contact if you need some help, and to offer additional support if you feel you need it, so do check your inbox whenever you can. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Good morning @Laineyxo2 :)

I just wanted to check in to see how you're getting on with things? 

Thank you for sharing a bit about your experiences and for being vulnerable with us. We really appreciate your honesty and openness. It's great that you are talking to us about your feelings and reaching for support where you can.

Have you spoken recently to your psychiatrist? If so, I hope they've been able to offer you some support and updates. How did your blood test go and appointment with the GP? I'm really happy to hear that you're in the process of seeing different professionals, as they will be able to help and offer support with your case. 

Please take care and if you have any other concerns, just let us know as we are here for you and care about your wellbeing. 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Laineyxo2
    Hi libby, 
    Was just lovely to have a message from someone this morning. 

I spoke to my psychiatrist on the phone about two weeks ago when I was in the middle of a melt down, he was lovely and knows everything I've been thorough so my meds were changed.

My doctor prescribed 10 mg baclofen three times a day but its helping a little but making some sensations of burning worse...
    I've had my bloods done, quite worried about the stiffness of my joints it leaves me exhausted. 

My mental health rapidly deteriorated 3 years ago when my baby was born premature and then died after 40 days. His anniversary and birthday is coming up also 

Really appreciate your message, very kind and thoughtful of you 

Kind regards Elaine 

• Libby_Alumni
    Hi @Laineyxo2 :) 

Thank you for your reply, and I'm glad you enjoyed our message. We just wanted to pop by to see how you were getting on and if there's anything that we can do to help support you.

I'm so glad that you had a really good conversation with your psychiatrist, I'm sure that helped a lot, especially if he knows you really well and you feel comfortable disclosing information to him. 

I'm glad that your GP was proactive about support and prescribed some new medication. Have you updated the GP about your current symptoms? It's always a good idea to reach out when you're feeling a little worried about symptoms etc. 

I'm so sorry to hear that, that must have been hugely traumatic and I can't even imagine what that must have felt like. Although my experience is very different/unique to yours, I actually lost my mum when I was 13 years old and it was very traumatic for me too at the time. When her birthday/anniversary approaches, I always like to speak to my dad/sister and share fond memories of my mum. I also like to look at old photos and accept any emotion that comes up (whether that be sadness, anger etc). Do you have some form of ritual that you do when you the anniversary/birthday comes around?

We are here for you and you can speak to us at anytime :)

Libby
    Scope

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Laineyxo2
    Hi libby, 

I lost my mum when I was 15, and think this traumatised my childhood.

I like to go to noahs grave on the anniversary and his birthday 

My nanny was my rock, my confident and soul mate and she died last October... I just think everyone is going to die.

Yes I've told gp about not eating for days on end and she was great as well

I just have to try and be more greatful for what I have now

Kind regards Elaine 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Hi @Laineyxo2

Thank you again for your message :) 

I'm sorry to hear that too - any death is hard, but as a child it can be a lot to process. I'm currently engaging in therapy and I've learnt so much from it (about myself and others), it's truly been life changing for me.

That's lovely that you go to Noah's grave, is it nearby? :)

It's great that you're keeping the GP in the loop with things and you check in with them regularly. You should be proud of yourself that you're taking the accountability to do this.

Gratitude has been wonderful for me, it's still okay and acceptable to have down/low days, but being aware of what I'm grateful for and the positive things that I do have in my life, really helps me :)
    Scope

• Laineyxo2
    Hi libby, 
    Yes the grave is a short drive away and have a lovely head stone etc so it's nice to go to. 

I do try so hard to try and be in control of my emotions and grateful for what I have. It's hard a lot of the time and hard work to keep it up.

I wonder a lot of the time why me..... 

I miss my mum now more than ever even tho I'm 43 i have needed her emotionally all my life and my nanny filled that void for so long

It's not easy is it 😒

Kind regards Elaine 
  • Libby_Alumni
    That's lovely @Laineyxo2, I'm so glad the grave is nearby, as I'm sure that makes a huge difference. 

It sounds as though you're doing everything you can to regulate your emotions and even being aware of that, is wonderful. So, remember to give yourself some compassion and be proud of yourself :) 

I understand that, it can be really tough and I also miss my mum, but it gives me a lot of comfort knowing that they're still here with us in our hearts and those memories won't ever disappear. 

It isn't easy, but you sound as though you're doing an amazing job of keeping things together and it's important to acknowledge when you might need a bit of extra support or comfort. Please remember, we are always here for you and you can speak to us anytime about anything. 

Libby
    Scope

• Laineyxo2
    Thanks very much Libby, it's made a real difference communicating with you today. Kind regards Elaine 
  • Libby_Alumni
    You're doing fantastic @Laineyxo2 and I'm really glad I could help you today :)

Speak soon :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.