DLA to AA — Scope | Disability forum


Rosie29 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone. My mum is currently in receipt of DLA and gets the middle rate care component. I actually think she would now qualify for the highest rate care component. Will she have to claim AA or contact DLA to inform them her condition has worsened and she requires more support. If she does have to claim AA, what happens if, worse case scenario, she didn’t qualify at all? Would she stay on DLA or would the claim close too?



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.