Pip- explaining the assessment, help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip- explaining the assessment, help?

bi786
bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
edited March 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Please can some one explain Assasemnt for pip im,why it’s done ? 

I’m being honest my Assasemnt told everything true how condition it affects my daily life .

assessor written poor report with mistakes 
each box marked unaided .except cooking 

when in history an an social occupational box she written 
I struggle ,need aid, an I need assistance an support .help to take medication .said I carried out msk but left it as in pain .

Asessor in prepping food is talking about bathing an washing

so she took points away saying no evidence aids
dressing bathing ,toileting
Wheoccupational came for visit they gave bath board , outside rails perching stool .

My bath installed already has handles 
an I had already got toilet rail. Previously points where given this time taken away 

each box to justify she said look at pa4 an no comments in each daily described box .

very poor report says claimant says in pain difficulty carrying out activity but was able sit move an walk without difficulty an carried out Msk without difficulty but also said I refused start of report.
 Any help I will loose points not writing report propoerly .

she says days bad but carried out msk 
but in anxiety wrote its good day when I didn’t say I said my condition gets worse through out the day 

any advise plz 
what proof do they need for aids 
why did she say I struggle need aid an support 
but took points away cause
 she saw me sitting standing walking 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Hello @bi786 thanks for reaching out here on the community. Just so I've got this right, are you talking about the report for your recent PIP assessment?

The report is only a recommendation for the decision maker, so they might decided to award you differently. You'll know the final decision when the letter comes through, and we can support you, whatever happens.

You've talked about all the aids you use for some of the descriptors, is this what you've put down in your application? If you talked about how you need them to carry out different activities, and what would happen if you didn't have any aids then you'll have a good chance of being awarded points. 

I know it's difficult, but try not to dwell on what the report says, as it isn't the final decision. If you feel like we can help with anything, please let us know and we'll help as best we can.

And just so you know, I've marked your post as unanswered and edited the title, so that it can be found more easily.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    This is one of the reasons why receiving a copy of the report doesn't help because it causes even more anxiety than you may have already been experiencing.
    The report is their opinion based on everything you sent and what you said during the assessment. They don't score anyone any points, they are just recommendations. The only person that can score points is a decision maker. Before the decision is made they will look at everything you sent as well as the assessment report.
    Just telling them you can't complete an activity isn't enough, you have to tell them why you can't do it and what happened the last time you attempted that activity.
    All you can do is wait for the decision, once it's made if you're not happy you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) If it gets to this point, you can post back here and i'm sure someone will advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I seen those threads Mike before commenting but as they were from 2019 i didn't link them to this as assumed this current thread was regarding a review of an existing claim. Though it does seem like the OP has had issues previously.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bi786
    bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Hello sorry 
    I should have mentioned 
    I had first claim Assasemnt back in 2019 I was awarded 0 points i then Did mr following this thread I got support , an I was awarded standard rate my report was sent back with my file an paper based Assasemnt was done again. Decision maker sent report back to capita an paper base Assasemnt was done in 2019 I got standard care and mobility 

This was review  Assasemnt I attended I got pip report looking at that if dm follows it I will be awarded 2 points looking at the report an mobility  stay same .

which shows I looses standard rate 

On the form an at Assasemnt I explained everything an gave examples which was taken in consideration mentioned in the report in first few boxes but in the report each activity description box she hasn’t written any justification why she awarded me points  ticked box a 
    just says look at pa4 when I look in that section it shows I have difficulty use aids why I use them.
    but no points awarded.

but she written I done msk so I can carry out activity 

but also written done msk but left it causing pain 

I will wait for dm decision an take it from there 

thank you for reply’s 😊

• Alex_Alumni
    That's okay @bi786 can I ask, what do you mean by "msk" here:

but she written I done msk so I can carry out activity 

but also written done msk but left it causing pain

Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @Alex_Scope - MSK = Musculoskeletal i.e a musculoskeletal examination which, if the claimant agrees. may be part of a f2f PIP assessment.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Thanks for clarifying @chiarieds I thought so, but just wanted to double check :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.