Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you got any hobbies

Options
SueHeath
SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
Hi i'm a newbe just browsing through the site and looking at past posts etc.
Have any of you got any hobbies ? I like;
Gardening - when i'm fit enough
Visiting gardens
On line solitaire
and good old paper - crosswords and sudko x

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,009 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like driving and I like collecting watches.

Which paper do you like doing the crosswords from?

I used to do the Guardian crossword online every day for a good few years. I don’t necessarily like (or dislike) the paper, I just thought their crosswords were good. They have a great online crossword where you can check your answers and even cheat and reveal the answer if you get stuck which I may have done on occasion.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,787 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I read a lot. gardening now we have raised gardens. i play mahjong online when my eyes aren't playing up.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SueHeath :) Thanks for sharing some of your hobbies with us!

I enjoy doing online solitaire and sudoku puzzles too. I use the Microsoft solitaire game on my laptop, and have an app on my phone, too. I prefer doing sudoku on paper, but have used apps for that in the past as well. Have you ever tried killer sudoku? I got into that for a while. 

We have a few fellow green-fingered members on the community, so hopefully you'll be able to connect with them! Here are a few discussions around gardening that you might be interested in:
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • SueHeath
    Options
    hi with a name like Mustang i'm not surprised you like driving ha ha .
    When i said paper sorry i ment i buy the mags with lots off crosswords, 
    the guardian crossword wow that can be a bit hard sometimes,
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,009 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SueHeath haha :):) 

Yes the Guardian is quite tricky sometimes, but that’s why the cheat button comes in handy :D 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @SueHeath haha :):) 

Yes the Guardian is quite tricky sometimes, but that’s why the cheat button comes in handy :D ha ha love it 

• SueHeath
    Options
    @Tori_Scope thank you some more browsing for me i think x
  • SueHeath
    Options
    @woodbine yep love reading and dreaming ha ha but i can not do mahjong x

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,326 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SueHeath I love art, not done any drawing for awhile tho, I love writing fiction, candy crush, Google search engine for history searches, I love anything todo with history.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Loving all these comments why can't i like them like you do on face book ????? x
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have 3 reactions on the community @SueHeath: insightful, like, and awesome. They should appear underneath each person's comment, and you can click/tap on them to use them. Does that make sense?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • SueHeath
    Options
    mmmm hopefully ha ha x
  • SueHeath
    Options
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    One of my enduring hobbies is joke writing, don’t laugh. 🤨

ive tried a few out on this forum actually but they are a tough crowd (difficult to get a like.)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi 👋, I have few hobbies as well. My favourite are : reading and painting. I used to do salt dough Angeles but stop for now. I also search on Netflix for movies on a particular topics. I come across good movies which are not highly advertised but the content is great. Coming out of pandemic slowly pleas watch “Stuck together “. This movie is supper funny. I also get bird feeder and placed in communal green area in front of block. I observe birds when washing dishes. More over I write poems and publish them on FB / Instagram. Recently I started write more post on Instagram and write a little photo book of hidden places in London ( having winter brake due to cold weather) and I enjoy phone  photography as well. I always do something as my motto this days is no time to waste. My biggest dream is travelling and looking forward for summer time to do more walking, hiking . From sport I love cycling and very curious to try water sports one day . Hope you will have a good day. 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    @iza morning you are a bizi bee - you certainly keep your self busy well done i love it x
  • SueHeath
    Options
    @leeCal well that certainly is a different hobbie - i will look out for you ha ha - it's good to laugh x
  • iza
    Options
    @SueHeath, thank you very much. I try my best. 

• iza
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi, @leeCal, jock's books were very popular in my country at the time I was teenager. We also listen a lot to tapes with jokes.  You put the tape into tape recorder and listen to all the jocks by stand up comedians.  These days all the shows are stollen by tik tok. 

Brightness