Contacting PIP by email — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Contacting PIP by email

PatelGinaS
PatelGinaS Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,
I posted here several weeks in relation to an appointee who is refusing to remove themselves when I’m more than capable of managing my own affairs and is abusing their role.
since the post, I had a Visiting Officer (without the approval of my appointee as they tried to stop the visit by cancelling and not answering the door) The Visiting Officer confirmed I had capacity and I signed a form to confirm this which would then see my appointee removed.
The Officer informed me to give it 3-4 weeks but I’ve not heard anything. When I called up last week I was informed that no paperwork was received and the advisor said she will contact the officer to chase up and said she would speed up the process as much as possible due to a job that I need Access to Work for.

i called up yesterday to ask for an update and despite me explaining that it was to do with an appointee who is abusing their powers and despite saying I had a visit where I signed a form to confirm my capacity and wasn’t complying with their role. They said they can’t talk to me because I have an appointee. Yet all I’m doing is chasing a matter that involves my appointee who doesn’t want to be removed and they are allowing them to financially abuse.

long story short, I’ve found an email that is used by PIP (Correspondence@dwp.gsi.gov.uk) can anyone confirm this is correct as I just want to send an email to them because it’s a joke.

i saw this email on a post off google through an scope forum member.

can anyone advise please?

thank you.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.