If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Contacting PIP by email

PatelGinaSPatelGinaS Member Posts: 12 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
I posted here several weeks in relation to an appointee who is refusing to remove themselves when I’m more than capable of managing my own affairs and is abusing their role.
since the post, I had a Visiting Officer (without the approval of my appointee as they tried to stop the visit by cancelling and not answering the door) The Visiting Officer confirmed I had capacity and I signed a form to confirm this which would then see my appointee removed.
The Officer informed me to give it 3-4 weeks but I’ve not heard anything. When I called up last week I was informed that no paperwork was received and the advisor said she will contact the officer to chase up and said she would speed up the process as much as possible due to a job that I need Access to Work for.

i called up yesterday to ask for an update and despite me explaining that it was to do with an appointee who is abusing their powers and despite saying I had a visit where I signed a form to confirm my capacity and wasn’t complying with their role. They said they can’t talk to me because I have an appointee. Yet all I’m doing is chasing a matter that involves my appointee who doesn’t want to be removed and they are allowing them to financially abuse.

long story short, I’ve found an email that is used by PIP ([email protected]) can anyone confirm this is correct as I just want to send an email to them because it’s a joke.

i saw this email on a post off google through an scope forum member.

can anyone advise please?

thank you.


  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,987 Disability Gamechanger
    It’s a national address and you need to take the gsi bit out. They will direct your email to the current team but, more importantly, they monitor that a response has been actioned.

    That said, what you’ve asked for is not straightforward. An appointeeship can be revoked if there’s evidence of financial capacity OR if there’s evidence of financial abuse. 

    The former is not just a decision based on a home visit and an assertion. It may also involve a formal assessment of capacity by a non DWP professional and that could take some time to organise. The latter is a serious allegation and may involve a fraud investigation and a safeguarding investigation. Both could be very quick and straightforward but it’s unlikely.

  • PatelGinaSPatelGinaS Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Hi @mikehughescq
    Thank you for your response.

    I’ve been claiming Universal Credit since around March/April time without an appointee and currently things like taxis to help me get out is being paid for by my UC not PIP. 
    I also pay for some bills towards the house. 
    I’ve got a safeguarding case already open with my social services that was done by my Workcoach.
    the social worker have told me that the case will close once the PIP payments are in my account.

  • PatelGinaSPatelGinaS Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Also an review wasn’t done at the age of 16 when I was transferred from DLA to PIP. No one from PIP (to assess my capacity) came to see me until the 30th October as a result of a referral by an Access to Work advisor,my Workcoach and Welfare Rights Officer from my Council.
Sign in or join us to comment.