Pip assessment in 2 weeks. I'm worried about what to expect — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment in 2 weeks. I'm worried about what to expect

tanbang
tanbang Community member Posts: 61 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good evening 

I have my telephone assessment in 2 weeks, I have read on hear some horrible experiences people have had from the assess. I’m worried what to expect….?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tanbang :) 

It's important to remember that people are more likely to post on forums if they've had a negative experience, than if they've had a positive experience. Some people do unfortunately have negative experiences during their PIP assessment, but others don't experience these problems. The assessor should be respectful and polite.

Did you keep a copy of your form? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • tanbang
    I have a extra copy of my form I sent so I know what I have written down. My telephone appointment is early 9.05 I just worry about what questions I will be asked and I want to be able to answer them the best I can 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That's good @tanbang :) It's hard to say what exact questions they'll ask. You can only do your best. If you don't understand something they've asked, or need some time to answer, make sure you ask them to repeat the question or explain that you need a moment. You could have someone sit with you while you're on the phone too, if that would make you feel any more relaxed? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • tanbang
  • tanbang
    Good morning can anyone help me with this letter I received I don’t understand it 

thank you 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    It simply means that DWP have seen the information you sent to tribunal service but they (DWP) don't wish to add anything to what they have already said.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • tanbang
    So will I win my appeal or 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    tanbang said:
    So will I win my appeal or 

That's not what it means and no one here can tell you that for sure.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tanbang
    But what will happen next ? It doesn’t say 
  • poppy123456
    Eventually you will receive a date for the hearing to take place. Have you received the "bundle" yet? If you haven't then you will also receive this before the hearing takes place.
    I'm assuming you're appearing in person, rather than requesting the paper based hearing? Paper based hearings have a extremely low success rate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tanbang
    I have no idea what a bundle is … I am knee to all this. I don’t think it’s a paper base one 
  • poppy123456
    The bundle will contain everything you sent. Have you written and sent your submission? It sounds like you could do with some expert advice and help here. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/ choose the topic "welfare benefits" it will tell you what advice agency is local to you. It's never too late to get representation too.

• tanbang
    thank you for you help 
  • tanbang
    I have written anything 😑
  • tanbang
    Don’t no what I’m really doing 
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2022
    tanbang said:
    Don’t no what I’m really doing 

Yes i can see that. It can be very overwhelming indeed. Please use the link i posted above for some help.
    Do you currently have a PIP award or were you refused?
  • tanbang
    I was refused it was my first time applying for pip last year. 
  • calcotti
    tanbang said:
    I have written anything 😑
    Something has clearly been sent in because the letter you have shown is a response to whatever was sent.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • tanbang
    What as been sent in is my medical records and the Assessors report
  • calcotti
    tanbang said:
    What as been sent in is my medical records and the Assessors report
    And the DWP report simply means that having seen that information (obviously they will have seen the assessor report before anyway as it is prepared for them) they have nothing further to say.
    Please do try and follow up on poppy's earlier advice
    ..It sounds like you could do with some expert advice and help here. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/ choose the topic "welfare benefits" it will tell you what advice agency is local to you. It's never too late to get representation too.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.