If awarded lcwra, do you receive that payment on top of another payment? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If awarded lcwra, do you receive that payment on top of another payment?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update @danixxx, hopefully you do hear back soon :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • danixxx
    danixxx Community member Posts: 128 Connected
    Hi was awarded lcwra the decision was put on my journal last week 
    my question is when will I receive the extra payment ? 
    My pay date is the 12th of each month will I receive it in my next payment xx 
    Also am still awaiting to her over any backpay how does that work 2 please xx 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    That means your assessment periods are 6th-5th of each month. Your waiting period will be Aug/sept, Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov. LCWRA would start from AP 6th Nov/5th Dec with first payment being 12th Dec but only if found to have LCWRA. 

As previously advised above, from 12th December.
    It can often take a few weeks to pay any money that's owed. They first have to recalculate your past statements so they can work out exactly how much is owed. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal and then the money will be sent to your bank, which is then take 3-5 working days. Money owed will be paid separately to your usual payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danixxx
    Thanks my question was will I receive the extra payment now on the 12th April xx 
  • poppy123456
    Yes…
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • danixxx
    Hi  I have now received my backdated letter and I am so confused with it 
    Are we allowed to upload on here for some help ? 
    If I remove my name and address 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Hi @danixxx yes as long as you protect/remove any personal information that can be used to identify you, you are welcome to share any sections of the letter that are causing confusion.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • danixxx
  • danixxx
  • poppy123456
    If you can't post the screenshot and remove all personal information including your NI number then you can type out exactly what it says.
  • danixxx
    Weve decided your entitled to universal credit of £1189.58 from 06 jan to march 2022 
    This is because you are entitled to the lcwra 
    Weve already paid you universl credit of £502 from jan 6th to march 2022 
    We owe you £687.26 thus is the amount left after taking away universal credit weve already paid you 

• danixxx
    Reason am confused as I reported health condition in August 
    Also they state they already paid me £502 from jan to march I haven't received that amount from them ?? 

• danixxx
    Only February and March statements have changed also 
  • poppy123456
    That means your assessment periods are 6th-5th of each month. Your waiting period will be Aug/sept, Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov. LCWRA would start from AP 6th Nov/5th Dec with first payment being 12th Dec but only if found to have LCWRA. 

That doesn't sound right to me. Based on the information you gave the LCWRA element is payable from 12th December 2021.
    Did you send in fit notes for the whole time without any gaps?
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2022
    danixxx said:

Also they state they already paid me £502 from jan to march I haven't received that amount from them ?? 

Yes, you would have received the Standard element for Jan/March, which was about £251(under 25) for each month.
  • danixxx
    Yes no gaps in my fit notes 
  • danixxx
    They state there only paying me £687 ? Shouldn't it be £1750 including April payment on the 12th 
  • poppy123456
    They've said the LCWRA element is payable from 6th January. So, they've paid you for 6th Jan - 5th March, which is 2 assessment periods.
    They owe you from 6th November to 5 January, which is 2 assessment periods.
    Put a note onto your journal under the payment section and tell them that you believe the calculation is incorrect.
    Say something like. i reported my health condition on X date and continued to send fit notes without any gaps for the whole time until a decision was made on the WCA. I believe the LCWRA element is payable from 6th November which means i'm owed 2 more months of LCWRA element.
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2022
    danixxx said:
    They state there only paying me £687 ? Shouldn't it be £1750 including April payment on the 12th 

No, you don't include the April LCWRA element because you will receive that in your usual payment on the 12th April.
  • danixxx
    Thank-you so much poppy but they havebt paid me for jan - march that's what am stating 
    OR Is the 687 owed for jan -march 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.