If awarded lcwra, do you receive that payment on top of another payment? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If awarded lcwra, do you receive that payment on top of another payment?

124»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    danixxx said:
    OR Is the 687 owed for jan -march 
    Yes, it is two months Jan-Feb and Feb-March. March-April is part of your normal April payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    danixxx said:
    Thank-you so much poppy but they havebt paid me for jan - march that's what am stating
    You said this..
    danixxx said:
    Weve decided your entitled to universal credit of £1189.58 from 06 jan to march 2022 
    This is because you are entitled to the lcwra 
    Weve already paid you universl credit of £502 from jan 6th to march 2022 
    We owe you £687.26 thus is the amount left after taking away universal credit weve already paid you 

Which means they've paid you the LCWRA element from Jan to March. The £502 they mentioned is the standard allowance you receive during those 2 assessment periods.
    They owe you 2 months LCWRA element as advised above.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danixxx
    danixxx Community member Posts: 128 Connected
    Am 37 next month my standard payments are low due to me owing them money 
    I have put thr note on my journal about the extra 2 payments I think Am owed 
    We shall see what they say 

Have you ever known them to calculate payments wrong guys ? 
  • poppy123456
    danixxx said:

Have you ever known them to calculate payments wrong guys ? 
    Many times. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine was calculated wrong ir does happen 
  • danixxx
    Do they pay it if its wrong and also do you wait a long time for then to acknowledge the question in the journal ? 
    Thanks in advance for the reply 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine was dealt with over the phone I won my award at tribunal and rang as I had waited longer than expected for back pay . The dm calculated it while we were speaking and it wasn't the amount I was expecting so I queried it 

There had been a deduction  as it showed an overpayment of child element which was not correct . This was amended and correct amount was processed and paid same day 
  • danixxx
    Arr am happy for you winning the tribunal Janer it's so stressful the whole situation isn't it 

Hopefully my question is answered tomorrow fingers crossed 
    2 months payment seems so low considering I have been on uc since the very beginning of August although I am aware about the 3 month assessment period 
  • danixxx
    Hi spoke to uc an they awarded me the lcwra from September that's why my First payment was jan so no money is owed xx 
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2022
    danixxx said:
    Hi spoke to uc an they awarded me the lcwra from September that's why my First payment was jan so no money is owed xx 

I disagree based on the information you gave. You said you reported your health condition on 6th August 2021. May i ask if you sent a fit note within 7 days of this? You need to look back on your journal and check to see exactly what the dates were. 
  • danixxx
    I reported hwalt condition 6th August an wasn't told I need to provide a sick note till September so I uploaded 1 on the 7th September when they asked xx
  • poppy123456
    This will be what the issue is. When you reported a "change of circumstances" it should have then asked you to provide a fit note within 7 days. 

• danixxx
    It's never been a change of circumstances my health condition has always been reported from the minute I applied for some help 
    Suppose it is what it is now and there's nothing more than can be done xx 
  • poppy123456
    Then it should have asked you to provide a fit note on your to do list when you first claimed. It did when I applied for UC for my daughter last year, which Is why I know.

• danixxx
    Oh well never mind thanks for all the advice and help poppy xx 
  • Ashton05
    Ashton05 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    I had my appointment over telephone on Tuesday it lasted 30 minutes they ask quite a few questions about health conditions medication etc in depth I got the answer today so didn’t take long for a decision 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.