P.A for my 14 year old daughter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P.A for my 14 year old daughter

Options
ShayneandJulia21year
ShayneandJulia21year Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2022 in Education
Her school have applied for funding but I need some advice as to how we go about finding a P.A suitable for the task. My daughter is 14 and has autism and dyslexia. She is a good communicator and just would need a young lady who would listen to her, take her places and keep her safe.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @ShayneandJulia21year and welcome to the community, lovely to see you join us. 

This isn't an area that I have a great deal of knowledge of but I just wanted to let you know I have marked your post as unanswered and hopefully other members whoa re perhaps parents or have knowledge of this area will be able to comment.

One thing that comes to mind though is that it is of course important to ensure it is somebody who your daughter will get along well with and feel comfortable with. If possible, it might be worth asking her what qualities she would want in a good PA :) 

This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m sure you’ll find it to be a positive outlet, feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 A few notable pages I’d recommend visiting would be:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I would ask social services if they have a list if recommended pa in your local area 

Brightness