Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Kind words for unkind days book

Options
bluefox
bluefox Community member Posts: 636 Pioneering
I bought a Blurt Foundation Buddy Box for mental health and I received this wonderful book called: “Kind words for unkind days” - I highly recommend it for anyone struggling with internal negative self talk. 

“If you can’t change the world around you, change the world within you and the world will change around you.”

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What did you think of the Buddy Box?? I've been eyeing them up as a Christmas gift to myself @bluefox <3

I'm going to take a look for that book too 
  • bluefox
    Options
    I loved it. I’ve had two buddy boxes and I think they’re really nice. Some good products inside them to cheer you up and pleasantly wrapped. 

Yes, I recommend the book. I try to read it in the morning and at night, just to give myself a little reminder that it’s okay not to be okay. 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ada said:
    I’ve never heard off this please tell me more and where do you buy it. 
    Hi Ada i haven't heard of it before darling either, just wondering if you googled "Buddy Box" see what comes up xx
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,504 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should be able to find it on the Blurt Foundation's website @ada :) 

I'm glad you've enjoyed your box @bluefox! The book sounds great. What other kinds of things do you get in the box?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • bluefox
    Options
    You should be able to find it on the Blurt Foundation's website @ada :) 

I'm glad you've enjoyed your box @bluefox! The book sounds great. What other kinds of things do you get in the box?
    I got a scented balm, like a chapstick. It’s to use when you feel anxious but I don’t always remember to use it with my fuzzy brain. 

There was an activity too in mine, like a paper chain thing. But I’m useless so I gave it to my niece. But they were nice boxes, the two I bought and you can also customise your box too. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,504 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds great @bluefox :) I always carry a lip balm around in my pocket. 

Arts and crafts isn't for everyone. I'm pretty bad at them on the whole! I've tried to make a conscious effort to do them anyway, as I enjoy doing them, and not worry about whether the final outcome is 'good'. It really doesn't matter, so long as you enjoy the process. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us