Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PayPal issues

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,050 Disability Gamechanger

Apologies if I posted this before but can’t remember doing so.

Looking for some help. I have a locked PayPal account and it seems the only way to rectify is to ring up, which I am finding incredibly difficult at present.

Story…

- Logged onto PayPal a while ago to be told account needed verifying via a code sent to phone. Code was sent to an old phone number that I no longer have.

- Went to their site to rectify this to be told whole account was locked, I need to ring up.

- Went to online chat, told they don’t deal with this, have to ring up.

- No email account to send mail to.

- Went to PayPal’s official forum, explained whole situation, and asked if anyone could help me come up with solution. Thread immediately deleted and forum account banned. (No idea why!)

I accept that this whole debacle started because I didn’t update my mobile number but I think their system for rectifying what I accept is my silly mistake is poor.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks!

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My PayPal account was deleted a few years ago for no given reason, I simply used my other email a few months later and it’s worked ever since. Annoying that I can’t see transactions from that period but I know I am breaching their terms by having a second account, I only use it now for the websites I feel are ‘sketchy’. Even eBay now I use Apple Pay since that has been added as an option.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Thank you @bg844

That is very odd that your account was deleted.

I might have to try making a new account then.

I am similar to you, prefer not to use it, I prefer just to directly use my debit card.

I didn't even want to use PayPal this time around, they gave no choice. Often, though, you can "pay via PayPal" without using a PayPal account - PayPal just act as the transaction handler. However, this time when I attempted that, I entered my card details and it somehow noticed my details were linked to a PayPal account and told me off for not using my account!!
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's a difficult one @66Mustang can a family member ring up for you, probably has to be account holder, but they can pretent to be you
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    Options
    Write a Formal Letter of Complaint to the CEO, explain what's happened, why it's caused you issues and what you want them to do about it.

Email it to:

Mr. Vincent Belloc
    Managing Director / Vice President
    PayPal UK
    vbelloc@paypal.com

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Must admit I was never a fan of PP then when during lockdown I was buying from eBay I started using PP but find that most of the time PP can't be used for eBay purchases.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. :)
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,672 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    That's a difficult one @66Mustang can a family member ring up for you, probably has to be account holder, but they can pretend to be you
    This.  If you have a male family member that knows some basic info about you, they can ring up and pretend to be you.