PayPal issues — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PayPal issues

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,818 Disability Gamechanger

Apologies if I posted this before but can’t remember doing so.

Looking for some help. I have a locked PayPal account and it seems the only way to rectify is to ring up, which I am finding incredibly difficult at present.

Story…

- Logged onto PayPal a while ago to be told account needed verifying via a code sent to phone. Code was sent to an old phone number that I no longer have.

- Went to their site to rectify this to be told whole account was locked, I need to ring up.

- Went to online chat, told they don’t deal with this, have to ring up.

- No email account to send mail to.

- Went to PayPal’s official forum, explained whole situation, and asked if anyone could help me come up with solution. Thread immediately deleted and forum account banned. (No idea why!)

I accept that this whole debacle started because I didn’t update my mobile number but I think their system for rectifying what I accept is my silly mistake is poor.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks!

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My PayPal account was deleted a few years ago for no given reason, I simply used my other email a few months later and it’s worked ever since. Annoying that I can’t see transactions from that period but I know I am breaching their terms by having a second account, I only use it now for the websites I feel are ‘sketchy’. Even eBay now I use Apple Pay since that has been added as an option.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Thank you @bg844

That is very odd that your account was deleted.

I might have to try making a new account then.

I am similar to you, prefer not to use it, I prefer just to directly use my debit card.

I didn't even want to use PayPal this time around, they gave no choice. Often, though, you can "pay via PayPal" without using a PayPal account - PayPal just act as the transaction handler. However, this time when I attempted that, I entered my card details and it somehow noticed my details were linked to a PayPal account and told me off for not using my account!!
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's a difficult one @66Mustang can a family member ring up for you, probably has to be account holder, but they can pretent to be you
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,662 Pioneering
    Options
    Write a Formal Letter of Complaint to the CEO, explain what's happened, why it's caused you issues and what you want them to do about it.

Email it to:

Mr. Vincent Belloc
    Managing Director / Vice President
    PayPal UK
    vbelloc@paypal.com

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Must admit I was never a fan of PP then when during lockdown I was buying from eBay I started using PP but find that most of the time PP can't be used for eBay purchases.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. :)
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,647 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    That's a difficult one @66Mustang can a family member ring up for you, probably has to be account holder, but they can pretend to be you
    This.  If you have a male family member that knows some basic info about you, they can ring up and pretend to be you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.