Personality disorder — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Personality disorder

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,579 Disability Gamechanger
I have EUPD.  Emotionally Unstable personality disorder. 

Comments

• paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    Options
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @paries1 , pleased to meet you. 
  • paries1
    Options
    Hi strawberry1 
    are you in any therapy for it ? I had mentalisation based therapy for 2 years but it was hopeless and had a therapist that actually made me worse . 
    I also have recurrent depressive disorder and panic disorder . It’s awful isn’t it . Fine 1 minute then different the next . 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @paries1 , I'm waiting for therapy.  I've had lots of types of therapy but I had to stop it half way through I was finding it hard to talk about stuff . I was told once I could have recurrent depressive disorder by one therapist. I probably have a mixture of mental health problems. I do have anxiety and I do panic in a lot of situations , lots of things overwhelm me too . 
  • paries1
    Options
    I know I get really overwhelmed easily too . Apparently the best therapy for EUPD is DBT but the waiting list was 2 yrs . I hate the name BPD , EUPD describes it much better . 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @paries1, sorry for my late reply I'm not sure what sort of therapy it's going to be to be honest . I will just have to wait and see . As soon as I was told about EUPD when I got home I checked it out on the Internet and couldn't believe all the stuff it said and how I could see those things in myself.  Good chat today . Thanks for your time today.  Take care of yourself. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Have you found out any further information yet @Strawberry1? It sounds like a relief that you were told about EURPD and could see those things in yourself  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness