muscle spasms and blindfolding — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

muscle spasms and blindfolding

Andrewds
Andrewds Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Has there been any studies studying the affects that being blindfolded has on muscle spasms, I think it relaxes mine. A man named Robin Burn in Wales who website is http://www.theautismcentre.co.uk/, did some unpublished work in the 60's re massage therapy. He thinks muscle spasm is caused by having to respond to sensory before you have time to process it.

Comments

• JDWilson
    JDWilson Community member Posts: 90 Listener
    My daughter gets most of her muscle spasms at night. Sometimes they wake her up.Has anyone any suggestions to help ease these cramps she takes Baclofen and is fairly active when she can be.
  • Andrewds
    radox in the bed before bed helps
  • Andrewds
    in the bath I mean
  • Hymerkar
    Hymerkar Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    I cant imagine that being blindfolded would help me in any way. If I cannot see where I am i.e. if I am in total darkness, or as a child being blindfolded at childrens parties etc, my feet freeze to the floor almost as if my shoes have been glued. If I have to get up to the loo in the night and cannot see, I just cant move. I have always seen this as my bodies protective system being in overdrive! I can cause problems when arriving home after a night out, I have to wait until my hubby goes in and puts the outside light on before I can get out of the car.

Hope you find you answer soon.

Take care, Karen
  • JDWilson
    JDWilson Community member Posts: 90 Listener
    Thankyou for changing the place for RADOX that could have been messy. I have found baths help She used to be in the bath at 4 in the morning when cramps got really bad. She also swims regularly which we think helps relax her muscles.

Brightness