Help, my daughter with diplegic cp just started secondary school — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help, my daughter with diplegic cp just started secondary school

rachaelneall
rachaelneall Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited May 2014 in Education
I'm looking for advice...my daughter started secondary school in September and I feel completely alone. I dont seem to get anywhere with explaining my concerns or her needs to school. Their whole attitude is that she should have gone somewhere else as they are not equipped for her. She wanted to attend a school where her friends from primary school were going so I decided that choosing this school would be better to alleviate possible bullying problems. The OT and physio are stretched really thin and only work certain days so I feel they are little or no support. What rights do I have as a parent to get things moving in the right direction? So far they cant even manage to provide foot support and or the right seating. I'm scared that while nobodys listening, there is permanent long term damage being done because shes tired with all the extra walking and a double p.e lesson etc...any advice/opinions would be gratefully received.

Comments

• rachaelneall
    rachaelneall Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    To add to this....on a recent appointment in Bristol Childrens hospital we were told my daughter now needs botox injections because the change from primary to secondary school has taken its toll on her

Brightness