Disabled tennis clubs and sport clubs — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled tennis clubs and sport clubs

Options
James2
James2 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Does anyone know any sport clubs for a person with mild cp .

Comments

• libismum
    libismum Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Hi I recently came across an organisation called "cp sport" when looking for sports clubs for our daughter who wants to play football -and get a chance to actually kick the ball. I followed the link from the web site and a wonderfully helpful lady miled me back (at11pm) with a great contact and some really helpful information. Just google and the link pops up.
    Good luck hope this helps
    Joe
  • James2
    Options
    Thanks for the wesbisite .Do you know what the age groups are? And where it's located I don't want to be traveling to far .
  • kingboy25
    kingboy25 Community member Posts: 57 Listener
    Options
    Hi James, There are lots of disabled sports clubs across the country who are members/affiliated to CP sports. My son started attending his local club at the age of six and there were members in all age groups
    up to people in their fifties. The sessions were split into seniors and juniors. The sports included boccia, running, table tennis, wheelchair racing, football, discus, javelin, beanbag throwing for height and distance and wheelchair slalom.
    Email CP sport they will be able to give you a list of clubs. My son's club included some able children who were siblings of disabled children too.
  • James2
    Options
    thank you for the reply .i will have a look at it .

Brightness